fax problem

Post by Heiko Brünin » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 02:59:24

Hi!

I've got a class2 faxmodem and want to send faxes, but sendfax tells me my
modem isn't a class2 /2.0. But my manual tells me it is. Does nybody know
what's wrong?

Thanx heiko.

fax problem

Post by Mark Bratch » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:41:41

>Hi!

>I've got a class2 faxmodem and want to send faxes, but sendfax tells me my
>modem isn't a class2 /2.0. But my manual tells me it is. Does nybody know
>what's wrong?

What does your /etc/mgetty+sendfax/sendfax.config file look like?

--
Mark Bratcher
To reply direct, remove both underscores (_) from my email name

fax problem

Post by Giulio Orser » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:03

Quote:>I've got a class2 faxmodem and want to send faxes, but sendfax tells me my
>modem isn't a class2 /2.0. But my manual tells me it is. Does nybody know
>what's wrong?

Go into terminal mode on the modem and issue
at+fclass=?
it will tell you what fax class it does support.

--

1. Fax Problem

I am currently using mgetty+sendfax-1.0.0 in order to handle incoming
faxes. The software works fine except I have one problem. It is with
regards to saving multiple page faxes to one file.

The current setup that I have does the following...

Incoming faxes come in as g3 format files, one file per faxed page.

Using NetPbm...

        the g3topbm conversion takes place.
        the pnmtops conversion takes place.

I then use distilld from a Solaris box to convert the PostScript files to
portable document format (PDF) files that can be viewed with Acrobat
Reader. The Solaris box shares a few directories with my Linux box
through NFS to perform the distillation process.

The problem is that I would like for a multiple page fax to show up only
as a single PDF file. Currently, each page shows up as a seperate PDF
file.

The best thing would be to find a tool that merges multiple PostScript
files into one, since all the processes can be automated.

Does anyone know if there is a tool to merge PostScript files? If so,
where is this tool available?

Thanks in advance,

--
Robert Savoie
Information Systems Manager

2. Netscape has spontaneously broken

3. FAX problems with efax0.6a

4. nfs.server not enabling on C200 running hp-ux10.20

5. HELP! ZyXEL Fax problem!

6. how can i upgrade tk/tcl with rpm

7. efix (fax) problem

8. Thanks and question on bootstrapping

9. efax receiving fax problem

10. Mgetty and Incoming Fax problem

11. Fax problem with 56K modem

12. Boca fax modem problem with fax. help!

13. Any fax programs available for Class-1 fax modem?