Ultra Ata

Post by MvK » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I own a A-Bit BE-6 motherboard and a Western Digital AC310200R 10,2 gb
harddisk. The motherboard is Ulta-Ata (66mb/s) compatible and my harddisk is
Ultra-Ata. When i install RedHat Linux 6.0 kernel 2.2 it  won't detect my

I could connect my hd to a normal E-IDE port on my motherboard but i'd lose
half of the potential speed of the hd so thats out of the question!

Anybody?????

Ultra Ata

Post by Jason Jarvi » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I own a A-Bit BE-6 motherboard and a Western Digital AC310200R 10,2 gb
> harddisk. The motherboard is Ulta-Ata (66mb/s) compatible and my harddisk is
> Ultra-Ata. When i install RedHat Linux 6.0 kernel 2.2 it  won't detect my

This is kind of related to my question above.  As I understand it kernel
2.2 should be fine with both UDMA ad a 10.2 drive.  In fact I think it
was after 2.0.34

This is from the RH site, not exactly your drive, but might be something
to check,
______________________________
9.1 The UDMA Blacklist

The following drives are ``blacklisted''. You should not use UDMA with
these drives as it may cause corruption of data.

     Western Digital WDC AC22100H

The UDMA portion of the Jumbo-2.0.35-9 patch automatically disables DMA
for this drive.

Jason

Ultra Ata

Post by b6506.. » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

: I own a A-Bit BE-6 motherboard and a Western Digital AC310200R 10,2 gb
: harddisk. The motherboard is Ulta-Ata (66mb/s) compatible and my harddisk is
: Ultra-Ata. When i install RedHat Linux 6.0 kernel 2.2 it  won't detect my

: I could connect my hd to a normal E-IDE port on my motherboard but i'd lose
: half of the potential speed of the hd so thats out of the question!

The current stable kernel does not support the UDMA/66 controller on the
BE6 (the HPT-366) yet, but there is a patch available.  Still, beware
that some people are having problems with WD drives and HPT-366, both in
Linux and elsewhere.  See the following page for more details.

  http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~b6506063/hpt-366/

-- Chuan-kai Lin

1. 13.6G 7200RPM Ultra ATA hard drive with Ultra ATA 66 Controller

I just bought Gateway compuetr with 13.6G 7200RPM
Ultra ATA hard drive with Ultra ATA 66
Controller.  The machine already has windos 98.
While installing Linux, the installer was not
able to see the filesys.  The hard drive is
originally not partitioned.  Only C drive exist
in Windos 98.

Does any one know the problem?
Thanks ahead for any responce.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Sun to PC Video Confrencing

3. ATA-33 and Ultra ATA for linux

4. xargs and sed command

5. SIIG Ultra ATA 66/ Intel i820 ATA 66 and linux!

6. Rename multiple files reatining pattern

7. Using Promis Ultra ATA/66 PCI controller card

8. Facing problem with "gdb"

9. RH Linux 5.0, Dell, Ultra ATA problems

10. ultra ATA/DMA 66

11. Q: Does Maxtor's Ultra ATA-100 pci card work on RedHat7.0?

12. Ultra ATA hard-drives

13. Promise Ultra ATA Controller and FreeBSD: Bad Disk Geometry