1. Red Hat 4.0 and Sony CSD-760E CD-Rom
I am trying to install Linux on my Zeos system. When I try to
install Red Hat 4.0 from my CD-ROM, the installation does not recognize
the CD-ROM drive. I get stuck here, and I cannot install. I am
following the procedure outlined in Red Hat's installation guide
(i.e. I copied their root image onto a floppy, then I boot from the
floppy to start the installation).
I have a Zeos Pentium 66, with Diamond Viper and a BIOS extender
(Promise Technologies' EIDEMAX). For my harddrive, I have a
Quantum 3.8 Gig (the reason why I bought EIDEMAX). My sound card
is SoundBlaster 16. For my CD-ROM, I have a Sony CSD-760E ATAPI
My configuration is as follows:
Quantum HD is connected to the on board controller.
EIDEMAX is in a ISA slot, using interrupt 15.
SoundBlaster 16 in a ISA slot using the default interrupt (I think
it is IRQ 5).
Sony CSD-760E comes with a controller card that I am using, with
interrupt set to IRQ 10 and base address 0x160. DOS seems to only
work with Sony's drivers, which can only work when the card is
I would like to install Windows 95 later, and have LILO allow
me to choose which OS I would like to boot.
Please e-mail me with the response, as I cannot access this forum
regularly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
2. Prolific PL-2301
3. Red Hat 4.0 and Sony CDU-31A CD-ROM
4. C-SHELL BUG - @ variable = 'expression' - LONG.
5. How to install RED HAT 4.0 with Sony CDU-33A unit?
7. Problems installing Red Hat 4.0 (intel) from Sony CDU-33A
8. Linux 2.4.18-pre8: missing file
9. Red Hat 4.2 and a SONY CDU-31a CD-ROM
10. Red Hat 4.2 with USR 33.6 modem & SONY CDU31A CD-ROM
11. Red Hat Linux 5.1 and Sony CDU 711 CD-ROM Drive
12. COMMERCIAL: Red Hat 4.0 on CD-ROM for $1.99
13. Help! Red Hat 4.0 And CM206 CD-Rom