Sony 33A CD-ROM with Red Hat 4.0

Post by Jacob Ka Yu La » Thu, 14 Nov 1996 04:00:00

        My Pentium PC has a 2x CD-ROM which connected to SB16 properity
interface. When I install RedHat 4.0 installer program, it can't recognise
my CD-ROM. I have check the base address of the interface is 230H. I also
check the documentation from redhat. But it also fail. Would someone give
me a hand?

Thanks.

Sony 33A CD-ROM with Red Hat 4.0

Post by Daniel Shinwon Ki » Fri, 15 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I think base address is 340H for Sony 33A.

Quote:

--
Daniel Shinwon Kim

http://www.wp.com/dswkim/

Sony 33A CD-ROM with Red Hat 4.0

Post by Rutger M.A. Bevaa » Sat, 16 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I haven't tried it myself yet but one of my friends got so tired of trying
that he went out and bought a EIDE drive...

:       My Pentium PC has a 2x CD-ROM which connected to SB16 properity
: interface. When I install RedHat 4.0 installer program, it can't recognise
: my CD-ROM. I have check the base address of the interface is 230H. I also
: check the documentation from redhat. But it also fail. Would someone give
: me a hand?

: Thanks.

--
| Rutger M.A. Bevaart (Raistlin)          http://www.et.tudelft.nl/~rutger |
| Faculty of Electrical Engineering         Delft University of Technology |

| Mannen weten veel maar vrouwen begrijpen alles...                        |

1. Red Hat 4.0 and Sony CSD-760E CD-Rom

Hi,

I am trying to install Linux on my Zeos system.  When I try to
install Red Hat 4.0 from my CD-ROM, the installation does not recognize
the CD-ROM drive.  I get stuck here, and I cannot install.  I am
following the procedure outlined in Red Hat's installation guide
(i.e. I copied their root image onto a floppy, then I boot from the
floppy to start the installation).

I have a Zeos Pentium 66, with Diamond Viper and a BIOS extender
(Promise Technologies' EIDEMAX).  For my harddrive, I have a
Quantum 3.8 Gig (the reason why I bought EIDEMAX).  My sound card
is SoundBlaster 16.  For my CD-ROM, I have a Sony CSD-760E ATAPI
drive.

My configuration is as follows:
Quantum HD is connected to the on board controller.
EIDEMAX is in a ISA slot, using interrupt 15.
SoundBlaster 16 in a ISA slot using the default interrupt (I think
it is IRQ 5).
Sony CSD-760E comes with a controller card that I am using, with
interrupt set to IRQ 10 and base address 0x160.  DOS seems to only
work with Sony's drivers, which can only work when the card is
installed.

I would like to install Windows 95 later, and have LILO allow
me to choose which OS I would like to boot.

Please e-mail me with the response, as I cannot access this forum
regularly.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Chiu Szeto.

2. Prolific PL-2301

3. Red Hat 4.0 and Sony CDU-31A CD-ROM

4. C-SHELL BUG - @ variable = 'expression' - LONG.

5. How to install RED HAT 4.0 with Sony CDU-33A unit?

6. GISWxprint

7. Problems installing Red Hat 4.0 (intel) from Sony CDU-33A

8. Linux 2.4.18-pre8: missing file

9. Red Hat 4.2 and a SONY CDU-31a CD-ROM

10. Red Hat 4.2 with USR 33.6 modem & SONY CDU31A CD-ROM

11. Red Hat Linux 5.1 and Sony CDU 711 CD-ROM Drive

12. COMMERCIAL: Red Hat 4.0 on CD-ROM for $1.99

13. Help! Red Hat 4.0 And CM206 CD-Rom