3DFX Voodoo3 3000 supported?

Post by f5alco » Sat, 04 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Is the Voodoo3 3000 card supported in Red Hat Linux 6.0 without
downloading drivers because I have no internet connection in linux?

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

Post by Tom Brinkma » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Is the Voodoo3 3000 card supported in Red Hat Linux 6.0 without
> downloading drivers because I have no internet connection in linux?

        I'll assume you have a CD since you don't have a connection.
Look'n see if they aren't on the CD.  They are on the Mandrake 6 CD
(under  apps/   I believe).

Post by k.. » Mon, 13 Sep 1999 04:00:00

: Is the Voodoo3 3000 card supported in Red Hat Linux 6.0 without
: downloading drivers because I have no internet connection in linux?

Sorry, no Voodoo3 X-Server on RH6.0!
You will have to go to an Internet-Cafe:

http://glide.xxedgexx.com/3DfxRPMS_vb_glibc.html

1. mandrake6.0 and 3dfx voodoo3 3000 question

i hate to sound like a clueless first timer,
but if it walks like a duck.... well, anyways:

I'm having severe trouble seting up Mandrake6.0
to work with my 3dfx Voodoo3 3000.  The graphics
setup doesn't have the card in it, and the
instructions on the 3dfx site:

http://www.3dfxgamers.com/view.asp?IOID=31

seem a little advanced (oh gawd- did that sound
bad or what; this is humiliating, i know dos,
windows, and macs like the back of my hand, but
linux is turning out to be a bit of a challenge)
for the mere likes of me.  They have instructions
that i could probably trudge through, but they don't
have a directory that you are supposed to put the
drivers in, etc etc, and also it says that some of
them are only distributed as source (!) and that i
have to compile them (again, a little off of my
linux skill level).  If anyone could possibly help
me out in any way, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am in the bash shell at this point, can get into
the KDE interface, but only at a 300x200 (cant remember
specifically the size) virtual desktop, resolution
step controls don't work.

=================
Thanks in advance
=================

LINUX distribution:
  Linux Mandrake release 6.0(Venus)
   *It states on the box that mandrake 6.0
    is based on redhat 6.0, if that helps.

LINUX INFO (info on screen at boot)

Linux Version: 2.2.9-19mdk
 -compiled #1 WED MAY 19 19:53:00 GMT 1999
One 400MHz K6-3 Processor, 63M RAM
799.54BOGOMIPS TOTAL
localhost.localdomain

LINUX INFO that 3dfx setup instructions
call for:

-Glibc Version:  libc-2.1.1.so*
-XFree86 Version:
  *Name:     XFree86
  *Version:  3.3.3.1
  *Release:  58mdk

SYSTEM CONFIGURATION:

*AMD k6-3 400 (4.0x100)
*64meg pc100 ram
*3dfx voodoo3 3000 (16mb agp, 350mhz ramdac, 166mhz
 3d core and memory)
*6.4gb Quantum udma/33 hd
*TMC AIV5G+ mainboard (via mp3 chipset)

2. Gates fund gives $750 million for child vaccines

3. Problem database?

4. Which X Server Support 3dfx V3 3000?

5. Current unclaimed 2.5 bugs on bugme.osdl.org

6. Common Desktop Environment.

7. Probs with voodoo3 3000, rh6.1 and test3Dfx

8. 3dfx voodoo 3000 agp

9. Can Voodoo3 3000 on Redhat 6.0??

10. Anyone successfully using X 3.9.16 with a Voodoo3 3000?

11. (XFree86 4.0) voodoo3 3000 agp displays "garbage" in quake3