Cisco aironet 350 wirless lan adapter

Post by lewi » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:41:46

Dear all:
  Have you ever tried to install Cisco aironet 350 wirless lan adapter
(pcmcia card) in redhat 7.2.
  In the cisco howmpage, i find the driver. I follow the instruction but i
can't run it.
By the way, i find that redhat 7.2 (kernel version 2.4.10) have already
contained this driver. can i compile it in kernel directly?

best regards
Lewis

Cisco aironet 350 wirless lan adapter

Post by Dances With Crow » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:32:44

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:41:46 +0800, lewis staggered into the Black Sun
and said:

Quote:> Dear all:
> Have you ever tried to install Cisco aironet 350 wirless lan adapter
> (pcmcia card) in redhat 7.2.

No.  BTW, you don't need to start Usenet posts with a greeting.

Quote:> In the cisco howmpage, i find the driver. I follow the instruction but
> i can't run it.

What exactly did you try, and what were the exact error messages you
got?

Quote:> By the way, i find that redhat 7.2 (kernel version 2.4.10) have
> already contained this driver. can i compile it in kernel directly?

You don't want to compile that directly into the kernel unless you know
what you're doing.  You really don't want to compile a module for a
PCMCIA device directly into the kernel, you want to leave it as a module
so that the PCMCIA card daemon can control it.  If the module is
included in a Redhat 7.2 install (it should be), you should be able to
insert the PCMCIA card into the socket, hear 2 high beeps, and be good
to go.  Edit /etc/pcmcia/network.opts to change the network
configuration, or use whatever GUI you like that handles this sort of
thing for Redhat.

If you hear a high beep, then a low beep, something's gone wrong, and
you should go consult the main Linux PCMCIA site at
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ .  If you post here again, include
more detailed information about the errors you get.  Also,
http://tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html is a must-read if you
want to ask questions in technical forums and get useful replies.

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /

Cisco aironet 350 wirless lan adapter

Post by Curt » Thu, 30 May 2002 15:02:45

Lewis..

I was having a problem getting this card to run on my Mandrake 8.2. I
went to the cisco web site and downloaded the newest drivers.. followed
their instructions to a "T" and no joy... would not recognize the card..
did this for several days.. then in a last ditch effort I went back to
the Cisco website to see if maybe I missed something.. and about 10mins
before I looked there, a new version of the drivers were uploaded. So I
downloaded these.. followed the instructions and BOOM.. It connected!!

looks like several of use were having trouble with it.....

Hope this helps..

Curt

> Dear all:
>   Have you ever tried to install Cisco aironet 350 wirless lan adapter
> (pcmcia card) in redhat 7.2.
>   In the cisco howmpage, i find the driver. I follow the instruction but i
> can't run it.
> By the way, i find that redhat 7.2 (kernel version 2.4.10) have already
> contained this driver. can i compile it in kernel directly?

> best regards
> Lewis

1. Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card. Which chipset?

Hi.

Does anyone know for sure which chipset the cisco aironet 350
PCMCIA card uses? We've got one on a laptop here, and were trying to get
airsnort working with it. We've got airsnort and kismet working on an
SMC2632W card with the linux-wlan-ng drivers (Version 0.1.13), but
although the airsnort page claims that the cisco aironet 350 card works
with it (And also claims only orinocco and prism/2 support), we are
unable to get the linux-wlan-ng drivers to access the cisco card at all.
(Although of course it works fine with the airo drivers & kismet, just
not with airsnort).

Does anyone know what the story is with airsnort and the cisco card?
Mistake on the webpage? Or are the airo drivers just customised prism/2
drivers? Is the cisco really a prism/2? Our experiments so far would
tend to say it's not...

TIA

Hamish.

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #237369
        I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |

2. sort based on list

3. Cisco Aironet 350 HELP!

4. NIC NIC

5. Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless PCI 802.11 card - problems!

6. voodoo - xwindow - memory problem

7. Cisco Aironet 350 series wireless NIC

8. qpopper, Outlook Express and SSL

9. sniffing 802.11with Cisco Aironet 350

10. Please help on installing CISCO Aironet 350 PCMCIA Wireless on RH8

11. Cisco Aironet 350 pc card - bcard clears settings.

12. Cisco Aironet 350 Setup on Slackware 8.0

13. Cisco Aironet 350 on Redhat 9