> Is it possible to boot from a USB CF adaptor?
According to http://www.mini-itx.com/reviews/2688R/page4.asp#cubid0006 it
should be possible.
Quote:> I formatted a CF with FDISK as a FAT partition, marked it as bootable,
> and copied the files from a boot floppy to it, intending to load Linux
> via the network from a DVD.... But I can't boot from the CF.
To boot from a DOS partition you will have to:
1) Partition the disk with at least one primary partition (you probably
2) Mark the partition as active (you say you did that)
3) Write a master boot record to the disk. (this is done if you used DOS
fdisk. If you used linux fdisk to create partitions, use DOS "fdisk /mbr"
or download ms-sys from http://ms-sys.sourceforge.net )
4) Write a boot record to your partition (this is done with "sys D:" in
DOS or ms-sys in Linux)
5) Copy system files (you say you did that and it has already been done if
you used "sys D:")
Quote:> The motherboard is a VIA EPIA mini ITX.
So is the one at the web page above.
The address in the header is only to prevent spam. My real address is:
hc1(at)uthyres.com Examples of addresses which go to spammers: