Mouse Systems PC Mouse 3D/6D Bus Mouse driver?

Mouse Systems PC Mouse 3D/6D Bus Mouse driver?

Post by Ric » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I just got a cool MouseSystems PC Mouse 3D/6D Bus Mouse.
Can I use the logictech/MS busmouse driver?

        Any help would greatly be appreciated,
        Thanks,
        Rick Niles.

1. Bus Mouse - MS Inport Bus mouse will not work

I have an MS InPort Mouse. It is from an early vintage, a "Dove Bar" SN
1177542.
I have it hardware configured at Interrupt 5.
The mouse works correctly under the DOS mouse driver and passes hardware
diagnostics.

I am Running RedHat Linux i386 v 5.2
I have read through and tried the combinations from the BusMouse-HOWTO
Specifically, I have booted with the LILO parameter > linux bmouse=5
Startup messages confirm that interrupt 5 is assigned to the bus mouse:
"Logitech bus mouse detected, using IRQ 5" Followed by:
"ATI Inport Bus mouse detected and installed."
gpm gives an error on startup " gpm: /dev/mouse : Operation not supported by
device"
My /dev/mouse is a link to /dev/inport which is at major device number 10,
minor 2.
I have tried using XF86Setup and configuring the mouse as:
Busmouse, Microsoft, Logitech as suggested by the HOWTO

None of it works.
Any ideas making the little beast operate?

2. SMB with dual-fork files?

3. telnet logs?

4. Mouse Systems PC Optical Mouse and X?

5. cfmakeraw call

6. CDE & MOUSE: *must* disable "pasting" via-mouse (GD MFing ShEing MOUSE!)

7. getty responding too fast

8. Mouse, Mouse Mouse! Help!

9. Is an InPort Mouse a Bus Mouse?

10. HELP: Can I use a serial mouse rather than bus mouse?

11. Kensington Expert Mouse changing from Logitech bus mouse

12. SUN's mouse used for PC PS/2 mouse port ??