ATI XPert 99/2000 Graphics Adapter & Linux

ATI XPert 99/2000 Graphics Adapter & Linux

Post by Viola J. Riggl » Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a way to get the ATI XPert 99/2000 Graphics card (Mach64
chipset) to work with Caldera OpenLinux?  If you can show me where to find a
driver, or at least the specs (clock rate, etc.), I'd much appreciate it.
ATI's web page was not very helpful.  Thanks!

Post by Alex » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Thanks for the help!  I've got a CD-ROM to install Linux on a
> new system.
> Do I have to install Linux somehow before I can upgrade my X
> Server (I'm
> working with version 3.3.3.1)?  If so, how do I do this safely?

I think most distro allow you to install them in text mode.
Go ahead and install the Linux first including GNOME, KDE, both or
whatever you want to run. Just don't configure your video card yet.

If you can get online in terminal mode, download XFree packages then do
the upgrade. What I did was printing out the instruction first. Then, I
download all the packages to a zip disk. After installing a new system,
I got the zip drive working first and install them from the zip drive.

I don't know what distro you are using but that should not matter. I
think there are some bugs in XFree 3.3.6 (with ATI 128). However, I
can't remember where to get the patch... Well, I am still using 3.3.5 so
I did not pay too much attention to that.

Hope this helps.

Alex.

Quote:> > > Does anyone know of a way to get the ATI XPert 99/2000 Graphics
> > > card (Mach64
> > > chipset)

> > This video card use 128 chip set not Mech 64.

> > > to work with Caldera OpenLinux?  If you can show me
> > > where to find a
> > > driver, or at least the specs (clock rate, etc.), I'd much
> > > appreciate it.

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
http://www.seti.org/

Registered with the Linux Counter. ID# 175126
http://counter.li.org/index.html

Post by a.. » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Thanks for the help!  I've got a CD-ROM to install Linux on a
> new system.
> Do I have to install Linux somehow before I can upgrade my X
> Server (I'm
> working with version 3.3.3.1)?  If so, how do I do this safely?

I think most distro allow you to install them in text mode.
Go ahead and install the Linux first including GNOME, KDE, both or
whatever you want to run. Just don't configure your video card yet.

If you can get online in terminal mode, download XFree packages then
 do
the upgrade. What I did was printing out the instruction first. Then,
download all the packages to a zip disk. After installing a new
 system,
I got the zip drive working first and install them from the zip
 drive.

I don't know what distro you are using but that should not matter. I
think there are some bugs in XFree 3.3.6 (with ATI 128). However, I
can't remember where to get the patch... Well, I am still using 3.3.5
 so
I did not pay too much attention to that.

Hope this helps.

Alex.

Quote:> > > Does anyone know of a way to get the ATI XPert 99/2000 Graphics
> > > card (Mach64
> > > chipset)

> > This video card use 128 chip set not Mech 64.

> > > to work with Caldera OpenLinux?  If you can show me
> > > where to find a
> > > driver, or at least the specs (clock rate, etc.), I'd much
> > > appreciate it.

The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence
http://www.seti.org/

Registered with the Linux Counter. ID# 175126
http://counter.li.org/index.html

1. Is ATI Xpert 99 AGP 8Mb supported with Linux 6.0?

Hello,

I would appreciate your help on this matter:
My Graphic card is ATI Xpert 99 AGP 8Mb SDRAM ATI
with ATI Rage 128 VR AGP.
This card is not recognized by the redhat Linux 5.2.
I have tried to configure it manually but it did not work.

Is this graphic card supported with the Linux 6.0?

Thank you very much,
Momcilo

2. Scanner HP 4p drivers?

3. [Fwd: Is ATI Xpert 99 AGP 8Mb supported with Linux 6.0?]

4. Max length of user name in Solaris 2.6

5. Is ATI Xpert 99 AGP 8Mb supported with Linux 6.0?

6. HELP!! su command unavailable???

7. X & ATI Xpert 2000?

8. HOWTO_EXCLUSIVE_PPP

9. XFree86 Version 4.0.1a (RH 7.0) & ATI Xpert 2000 AGP

10. ATI Xpert 2000, ATI Radeon, Matrox G450 with XFree86

11. ATI Rage 128 (Xpert 99, Xpert99)

12. Anyone owns an ATI 128 XPERT 99?

13. ATI Xpert 99- COL 1.3