Video capture card advice? MIROVIDEO DC30 PRO

Post by Armando Basto » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 05:17:43

Your best option is clearly this one:
miroVIDEO DC30 Pro - Video capture adapter -
NTSC SECAM PAL - 30 frames per second / 720 x 480

http://www.qksrv.net/click-749737-976970

Where else can you get it at only  $458 ?

Armando
----

Subject: Video capture card advice?
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.hardware
Date: 2001-08-13 02:23:32 PST

I'm looking to add a video capture card to my system -- an Athlon 750 w/
256 megs RAM, currently running Linux 2.2.17. I'd like to be able to grab
at 480 x 480, 30 fps, with no dropped frames; failing that, at least at
352 x 240, 30 fps. I don't care about real-time compression. What's my
best option?

--

Post by William McBrin » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:40:21

> Your best option is clearly this one:
> miroVIDEO DC30 Pro - Video capture adapter -
> NTSC SECAM PAL - 30 frames per second / 720 x 480

Could you elaborate? Why is it best?

Quote:> http://www.qksrv.net/click-749737-976970
> Where else can you get it at only  $458 ?

Uh, thanks, but I wasn't looking for an ad...

--

1. video *capture* card advice?

I have never used a video capture card on any platform, but since we
recently purchased a camcorder, I thought it might be interesting to
hook it up to my Linux box.  For that , I will need a video capture
card.  Right, then on to my questions:

Do some video cards double as capture cards?

What do you guys recommend for use with Linux?

I should add that, while I am willing to spend as much as US$200, I'd
like to keep it under $150.

Thanks!
Mike

--
Mike Edwards

2. Q)removing old-rootvg (DISK)

3. Advice on video capture card.

4. increasing number of i-nodes in /tmp on swap

5. Video capture card advice?

6. perl module

7. Advice on video capture card.

8. Don't want to loose win '98 docs etc.., & want Linux NOW!

9. Miro DC30 Video card

10. mpeg capture from video capture card

11. Capture mpeg from video capture card.

12. I find PCI video grabber(or video capture card) supporting Linux

13. Video Crunch It 1001 Video Capture Card