Power Management: exiting minicom disables power management?

Power Management: exiting minicom disables power management?

Post by Tony Gonzale » Mon, 22 Sep 1997 04:00:00

There's no problem while I have the minicom application open, but if I
exit the minicom program power management will not kick in.  If I
start minicom again I'm okay.  Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks

-Tony

1. RH 7.2 Power Management, power-off on shutdown?

Hi,

I  am using  an SMP  machine  (Tyan 1836  dual uprocessors).  Previous
versions of  RH allowed me  to power-off the machine  during shutdown,
but  I  am  not  able  to  shutoff the  power  using  RH  7.2.   Tried
recompiling the kernel,  etc.  Has anyone gotten power-off  to work on
an SMP?  I would love some suggestions.

Thanks,

marc

--

2. KDM malfunctions when logged in as root suse 6.4

3. Hazards of power management (HDD power down)

4. Q: Why is a Tape Streamer " temporarily unavailable "

5. laptop power management disabled by selection/Xfree86

6. SAMBA QUESTION

7. How to disable DISPLAY Power Management ?

8. Excessive interrupts - how figure out what is causing them?

9. can't disable Power Management

10. Disabling Default Power Management and Screen Saver in CDE.

11. How to disable monitor power management

12. Power management on Sun monitor

13. Power management warnings at 50%