best soundcard for linux?

Post by John R Ha » Wed, 06 Dec 1995 04:00:00

What's the "most supported", "most stable" soundcard for
Linux.  (no plug-n-play stuff, don't need cd-rom controller,
midi would be cool but not a big deal to have).

--
John R Hare

best soundcard for linux?

Post by Russell Nels » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> What's the "most supported", "most stable" soundcard for
> Linux.  (no plug-n-play stuff, don't need cd-rom controller,
> midi would be cool but not a big deal to have).

Audiotrix, from Mediatrix.  It's the only board whose manufacturer
supports Linux.

--

Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 voice | Flushing, NY.  Not just a suburb,

1. Best Soundcard for Linux?

I have a Pentium 120 with all the extras, but am considering replacing
my soundcard.  I am also going to install Linux very soon, so I am
seeking advice here first.  I currently have an Ensoniq Soundscape, and
although the 1.3.x kernel now supports it, I've heard that it's near
impossible to setup and that special linux ssinit .exe's are hard to
find.  Has anyone set up Ensoniq's successfully and/or easily?

I was thinking about switching to a SB 32 AWE PnP card.  This is
relatively new, so does anyone know if the kernel does/will support it?
Or how easy SB cards are to setup in linux?

Thanks

Brian

2. How to correct "Unable to open an initial console"?

3. Help: best soundcard for Linux & DOS

4. 4.6.2 Samba Woes

5. Best-buy soundcard for Linux

6. man pages

7. best cdrecorder,soundcard & 21' monitor for linux/X

8. processor simulation Q

9. Best DOS/Linux soundcard response summary

10. Which soundcard is best for Linux?

11. What is the best MINO soundcard for Linux?

12. best linux soundcard

13. Which is the best soundcard supported by 386BSD and Linux ?