ide-scsi module not loading at boot

Post by Arash Sayad » Sat, 07 Apr 2001 21:20:05

Hi there,

I am running RH Linux 6.1 with Linux Kernel 2.2.12.

In my attempt to setup all my original hardware to work with
Linux, I am trying to setup my CD-RW.  I have read the CD-RW
HOW-TO and know that my kernel was compiled with the ide-scsi
module.

Although after boot time in an xterm I can type:

        # insmod ide-scsi

to get the CD-RW to work properly, I do not know how to
automate this task for bootup.  Can anyone give me a
hand here.  I would greatly appriciate it.

--
Arash Sayadi

www.iengineer.net

Post by BetrOffDe » Sun, 08 Apr 2001 14:29:22

> Hi there,

> I am running RH Linux 6.1 with Linux Kernel 2.2.12.

> In my attempt to setup all my original hardware to work with Linux, I am
> trying to setup my CD-RW.  I have read the CD-RW HOW-TO and know that my
> kernel was compiled with the ide-scsi module.

> Although after boot time in an xterm I can type:

>    # insmod ide-scsi

> to get the CD-RW to work properly, I do not know how to automate this
> task for bootup.  Can anyone give me a hand here.  I would greatly
> appriciate it.

quick and dirty way would be to add

/sbin/modprobe ide-scsi

to /etc/rc.d/rc.local

Post by Uwe Malza » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:56:02

>> Hi there,

>> I am running RH Linux 6.1 with Linux Kernel 2.2.12.

>> In my attempt to setup all my original hardware to work with Linux, I am
>> trying to setup my CD-RW.  I have read the CD-RW HOW-TO and know that my
>> kernel was compiled with the ide-scsi module.

>> Although after boot time in an xterm I can type:

>>        # insmod ide-scsi

>> to get the CD-RW to work properly, I do not know how to automate this
>> task for bootup.  Can anyone give me a hand here.  I would greatly
>> appriciate it.

> quick and dirty way would be to add

> /sbin/modprobe ide-scsi

> to /etc/rc.d/rc.local

clean and still rather quick: add ide-scsi to /etc/modules

Cheers,
Uwe

--
Vegetarians don't live longer -