1. Trans-Ameritech: unfair business practices
Be warned if you work with Trans-Ameritech! I had a subscription with them
and had two more issues remaining in the subscription. Recently, they sent
me one CD then a week later their supplemental CD (which has almost the same
stuff as the first)--then declared that my subscription had ended. I called
them, and their operator told me that they are no longer taking subscriptions.
Essentially, I paid a subscription price for one year (4CDs) and got 3CDs and
their supplimental CD (a near-duplicate of their third CD).
This is "bate-and-switch", unfair business practices and contract breaking.
I warn all those considering working with Trans-Ameritech that they are in
jeopardy of being treated the same way. I have not pursued legal directions,
because 1) I don't have the money, 2) I don't think it will help, and 3) I'm
in another state (they are out of reach). Therefore, I'm warning you so that
you don't get burned as well.
2. Interp. hex values in dbx stack entries
3. Serial port/modem: missing minor device number
5. Can't get linuxppc live to work :(
6. Trans-Ameritech System LinuxWare
7. COMMERCIAL: Trans-Ameritech ANNOUNCE competitive upgrade!
8. WANTED: Trans-Ameritech Linuxware Install CD-ROMs
9. New release of Trans-Ameritech Linux Plus CD-ROM