how can find the processor model and vedio card information

how can find the processor model and vedio card information

Post by jeff l » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 02:27:29

Hi,

I need your help!

My moniter is down. and the fan is not working properly. I need to
know about the computer processor model and video card model
information.
Which commands should I use?

thanks

Jef

Post by Dragan Cola » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 02:28:05

> Hi,

> I need your help!

> My moniter is down. and the fan is not working properly. I need to
> know about the computer processor model and video card model
> information.
> Which commands should I use?

> thanks

> Jef

as user root:

$ hwinfo --display
$ hwinfo --cpu

HTH

Dragan

Post by Christopher Brown » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 03:08:00

> > I need your help!

> > My moniter is down. and the fan is not working properly. I need to
> > know about the computer processor model and video card model
> > information.
> > Which commands should I use?

> as user root:

> $ hwinfo --display
> $ hwinfo --cpu

This doesn't work on my system; I have no "hwinfo" command.  And
"apt-get install hwinfo" doesn't help.

The way I'd find the info is thus:
# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 3
model name      : AMD Duron(tm) Processor
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 599.719
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 1196.03

And
# grep -3 VGA /proc/cpuinfo
      I/O at 0xe000 [0xe0ff].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xdf000000 [0xdf0000ff].
  Bus  1, device   0, function  0:
    VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 256 (rev 16).
      IRQ 10.
      Master Capable.  Latency=248.  Min Gnt=5.Max Lat=1.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xdc000000 [0xdcffffff].

which doesn't tell me _everything_, but suggests I have an nVidia
GeForce card of some sort.
--

http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/languages.html
"Just because the code is intended to cause flaming death is no reason

Post by Peter T. Breue » Sat, 26 Jan 2002 03:24:27

> My moniter is down. and the fan is not working properly. I need to
> know about the computer processor model and video card model
> information.
> Which commands should I use?

"ssh" and "cat".

(on /proc/cpuinfo and /proc/pci, possibly aided by /sbin/lspci).

You might also be aided by "X -probeonly"

Peter