HELP for LINUX DEVICE

Post by hans » Wed, 16 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
    I want to use BIOS harddrives and flash RAM card in our system, but
I can't find these device files in Linux2.0.0 /dev. Could you tell me
where can we get them?
    We will appreciate your kind help.

Wan zhikun

1. Help with Linux device on FreeBSD!!

I have some experience with Unix and FreeBSD, little with the SysV style of
Linux.  I would like to use the gbd-bdm interface.  The gdb-bdm is a device
driver for GNU gdb that interfaces to the parallel port dongle for
Background Debugging of Motorola 683xx processors.

The software I found has two parts.
1)  A module that adds on to gdb -- no problems here!

2)  A kernel based device driver -- BIG problems here.  I am having lots of
trouble compiling it for FreeBSD.  Can't find all the header files and
functions.

Is there hope?
Should I install Linux in stead?
I haven't install FreeBSD yet at work, but will have to install something
soon.

---
James E. Housley, PR Communications, Inc.

----------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

 2C 3F 3A 0D A8 D8 C3 13    |
 7C F0 B5 BF 27 8B 92 FE    |    WWW: www.servtech.com/public/pr-comm
----------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

2. NIS and Overriding Supplied Shell

3. help with linux device drivers (video blaster)

4. Large number of IP Access Restrictions

5. pcap HELP: device: /dev/bpf0: Device not configured

6. Lets coin a phrase, Microsoft SUC

7. HELP! : Specified device does not match mounted device

8. 'undump' for perl available?

9. Help: character device vs. block device

10. HELP : No space on device on device 31/50

11. HELP needed: Solaris PCI device driver, device not auto detected.

12. HELP : ram : No space on device on device 31/50

13. need help accessing device i/o memory from device driver