using flash-memory on Linux workstations?

using flash-memory on Linux workstations?

Post by Martin Bro » Fri, 19 May 2000 04:00:00

[RH6.1 - 2.2.12-20smp]

I plan on getting several devices, independent of my computer, that use
flash-memory.  I'm having a hard time determining Linux's compatibility
with flash-memory card/chips.  I've looked at a couple of text files in
/usr/src/linux, and checked a few hardware compatibility lists on the
web.  The result being few answers, at least definitive ones.

Are there memory card/chip "drives" that can be mounted in a
workstation/server?

Are there Linux drivers for the above devices?

What about kernel modules, etc.?

Any info, or web links, on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
--
                             - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -

               PGP key id#: E87466BB keyserver: certserver.pgp.com