HELP - Newbie setting up HP IID printer

Post by Michel A. Li » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

hello all.  i am having some trouble connecting my HP LaserJet IID printer
to my linux box.  linux does detect the printer as device /dev/lp1.    i
chose the "LaserJet IId/IIp/III with TIFF compression" driver, and selected
the "fix stair stepping" and "fast text printing" options.  the "ascii test
print" and "print ascii directly to port" test prints come out fine.
however, the "postscript test page" takes about 8 minutes to print, and it
comes out very messy.  you can make out some of the text and images, but it
is pre*ly trash.  the same is true when printing any postscript
documents from corel wordperfect 8 or star office 5.

does anyone have this printer working properly for them?  any suggestions
would be very welcome.  if you'd like to respond directly to my email,
remember to remove NOSPAM from the reply address.

regards,
michel a lim
associate
wong hobach lau
consulting engineers
structural/civil/construction management
www.whl-international.com

Post by James Inouy » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> however, the "postscript test page" takes about 8 minutes to print, and it
> comes out very messy.  you can make out some of the text and images, but it
> is pre*ly trash.  the same is true when printing any postscript
> documents from corel wordperfect 8 or star office 5.

 From what I've found on the net about this printer, it doesn't look like it's

got support for PostScript internally.  But from what I understand, you can
use GhostScript to handle any PostScript documents for your printing needs.

If I am incorrect here, somebody please correct me.

James Inouye

1. help with setting up an HP IID laser printer in Rehat 7

Hello,

I have Redhat 7 and a HP IID laserjet printer.  I would really like to get
this thing to work, but have had no luck as of yet.  I have been using the
printtool but it seems worthless.  It has a setting in there for the IID/IIP
but only for the printers that have the postscript cartridge.  Can anyone
help me out?  or........if you have a post script cartridge for a HP IID i'l
like that too.  Ideally however, i'l like to know how to make this work AND
get that postscript cartridge.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Martinez

2. PLI DAT and ufsdump verify errors

3. Q: printing on a local HP LJ IID

4. Zombie port being used UNKNOWN BY WHAT PROCESS

5. Hp LaserJet IID

6. error message when adjusting scatter table

7. Q: Printcap for HP Laserjet IId?

8. Made e2fs filesystem, mount still says "fs type ntfs not supported by kernel"

9. HP LaserJet IID an Solaris 2.5.1

10. Help setting up HP-Thinkjet printer

11. Help with setting up HP Deskjet printer

12. help! Setting up a HP 693c printer.

13. Help with setting up HP T45xi Printer