Sonic Impact s90 under Linux???

Post by Ian » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know if a Diamond Sonic Impact s90 sound card can be made to
work under Linux?

There isn't a driver in existence specifically for this card but I
thought their may be a way around using some other driver.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian Bishop

-----------------------
When replying remove "NOSPAM" from address

Sonic Impact s90 under Linux???

Post by Neil » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

Yes I have a Sonic Impact 90 and it works under Linux with a sound driver
from www.opensound.com.  This is a "beta" driver and it costs $30, but
works on a trial basis with some restrictions, like you have to keep
turning it off and on periodically (though playing from cd's works without
restriction).  It seems to play mp3's fine, haven't tried much complicated
stuff except cd's and mp3's.  You need to make sure you have no sound
compiled in your kernel or loaded as modules (search for sound.o files and
rename them) or it won't install.  But the install is painless and it
autoconfigured perfectly.

> Does anyone know if a Diamond Sonic Impact s90 sound card can be made to
> work under Linux?

> There isn't a driver in existence specifically for this card but I
> thought their may be a way around using some other driver.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Ian Bishop

> -----------------------
> When replying remove "NOSPAM" from address

http://members.tripod.com/neilevid
ICQ #6057979
Page me online at:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/6057979#pager

1. Sonic Impact s90 under Linux??

Does anyone know if a Diamond Sonic Impact s90 sound card can be made to
work under Linux?

There isn't a driver in existence specifically for this card but I
thought their may be a way around using some other driver.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian Bishop

-----------------------
When replying remove "NOSPAM" from address

2. netbsd1.2 amiga

3. Linux driver for Diamond Sonic Impact S90

4. Incorrect IRQ mappings by PCI BIOS'es?

5. Sonic Impact S90 unsupported

6. malloc() vs. locals

7. Diamond Sonic Impact S90

8. Slack. 3.1 and ISDN+pppd

9. mandrake 6.1 and diamond sonic impact s90 soundcard not compatable?!

10. Diamond Sonic impact s90 driver

11. DiamondMM Sonic Impact S90 question.

12. Diamond Sonic Impact S90