X-Windows and virtual terminals

Post by Archer Graphi » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

It seems to me that I saw an experimental X-windows server on an old
slackware distribution that would allow you to run X-windows on a
text-based (dumb) terminal.  On the off chance that I'm NOT losing it,
does anyone know where I might find such a driver, or what it is called?

 --
Tiggers don't jump, they bounce!

X-Windows and virtual terminals

Post by Matthew Cummin » Fri, 11 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> text-based (dumb) terminal.  On the off chance that I'm NOT losing it,

I'd say that you already lost it.
--

http://www.mcmsys.com/~cummings

Post by Geoff Sho » Sat, 12 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: It seems to me that I saw an experimental X-windows server on an old
: slackware distribution that would allow you to run X-windows on a
: text-based (dumb) terminal.  On the off chance that I'm NOT losing it,
: does anyone know where I might find such a driver, or what it is called?

dialog?

        Geoff

can't identify with that kind of work ethic. http://kipper.york.ac.uk/~geoff