CD-Rom Drive

Post by Conso » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I want to install Linux Slackware 96 - August 1996, but I can not find the
CD-Rom Drive in CD, anyone tell me what can I do? my CD-Rom is NEC SCSI-2X,
sound card is Pro Audio 16.

Thanks & Rgds,
Conson Ng

CD-Rom Drive

Post by Brian Wo » Thu, 14 Nov 1996 04:00:00

: I want to install Linux Slackware 96 - August 1996, but I can not find the
: CD-Rom Drive in CD, anyone tell me what can I do? my CD-Rom is NEC SCSI-2X,
: sound card is Pro Audio 16.

You'll need to have scsi tape support either compiled into your
kernel or installed as a module. Most "stock" kernels do not have this
(although slakware might). Re-compile your kernel and answer "yes"
to scsi CDROM support (as well as to support for your particular
scsi adapter).

--
Brian E.W. Wood

"Would you put your money in a bank which used Windows '95 to manage accounts?"

1. CD-ROM Drive/CD-ROM Bundle

Just Computers! is offering a special price on a LINUX CD-ROM plus
a Sony CDU-31A CD-ROM drive.  This is a great opportunity for those
that have been putting off the purchase of a CD-ROM drive.  LINUX
supports this drive which should make for a successful CD-ROM installation.

We are offering two different packages.  Both are great values!

  Sony CDU-31A plus LINUX Quarterly Winter CD-ROM        $149.95

  Sony CDU-31A plus Yggdrasil Fall '93 Release CD-ROM    $159.95

  Sony CDU-31A drives without the CD-ROM                 $134.95

California residents are subject to state sales tax.  Shipping and handling
charges are $12.00 in the United States.

A little bit about the Sony CDU-31A drives.  These are OEM packaging (no
fancy boxes).  The warranty is 1 year labor and parts provided by Sony.
The drives are single-speed and come complete with a proprietary (non-SCSI)
interface card and cable.  Driver software for DOS is included.

Just Computers! can be contacted at 707/769-1648 or internet e-mail at

the word "help" on a line in the message.

There are limited quantities of these bundles available.  This offer is
for a limited time.

2. dvd on SuSE 8.0

3. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

4. Internet Phone for Linux _AND_ Windows 95

5. CD ROM Support For Older Panasonic CD-ROM Drives

6. Who is the typical Linux user?

7. Help playing audio CD's on my CD-ROM drive

8. Is Linux can run Pro-Engineer?

9. Need help getting Acer CD-525E CD-Rom drive to work

10. playing audio CDs on Sun cd-rom drive

11. Music CD's on Solaris 2.4 CD-ROM Drive

12. Audio data from ASUS CD-S340 CD-ROM drive

13. Code to play CDs on DEC Server CD-ROM drive