Diamond Multimedia 56i SP modem

Post by Guido Reina Alcántar » Mon, 08 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,

I have a Diamond Multimedia 56i SP internal modem, is it a winmodem?. Can I
use it
under Linux?. In Windows it is under COM3, using IRQ10 and I/O address:
3E8-3EF. If it works with Linux, how can I configure it?.

Thanks in advance.

Diamond Multimedia 56i SP modem

Post by Paul Volle » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

You're in luick - I think that this is the same modem as mine.

I should run under Linux, but you will have to manually set the IRQ.  To do
this, log in as root and type at the prompt:

setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 10

And this will set the IRQ of the port ttyS2 (the same as COM3 in DOS) to
10 - the correct value.

Hope this helps.

P.

--