PS2 mouse on Intel Plato - how?

Post by Markus Waldor » Wed, 20 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I would like to connect a PS2 bus mouse to my Premiere/PCI II
Baby-AT Board (Pentium 75). Since I'm using a 4 port serial card, 2
Ethernet and Adpatec SCSI, Soundcard. I'm running out of available
IRQ's for any further card installation. I've noticed that the BIOS
reserves an IRQ for for a PS2 mouse (12?). I can see a lable "mouse"
next to the keyboard connector, but no pin connectors for the mouse.
I have an adaptor for my Microsoft PS2 compatible serial mouse
(DB-15/DIN-9) and a connector with a cable for the board. But were
should I connect it to. Is it possible? Would I "simply" have to
solder in the pin connector on the board somewhere?

Perhpas someone could help me or guide me to the directions were I
would find an answer to this question.

Thanks in advance.
Markus Waldorf

Compuserve to post usenet news.

1. Intel Plato EIDE or Intel Plato/Adaptec 2940 SCSI?

I am about to replace most of my PC and cannot decide whether to go
for EIDE or 2940 SCSI.  I want to buy a drive of around 1.6Gb and
was thinking about a Micropolis EIDE due to reported problems with
Linux and the Adaptec 2940.

The real issue here is performance and future proofing rather than
financial considerations.

Any comments?

Chris

2. Is Always AL-7048 SCSI card supported?

3. HELP : PS2 mouse - HP Vectra VL series 3 5/90 mouse wont work.

4. Problem with FIPS11, HELP!

5. Mouse System PS2 mouse jerky in X

6. fonts error

7. USB/PS2/Serial mouses? Mouse performance?

8. KSH question

9. ps2 mouse and serial mouse on laptop

10. Problem with NCR53c810 and Intel Plato Pentium MB

11. Intel Plato 32MB upgrade - cache OK?

12. Intel Plato P90 board and Linux

13. ASUS PCI-SC200 & Intel Plato