RedHat 5.0 and AHA-2920 scsi controller

Post by Curtis Jame » Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Anyone have succsess getting redhat to recognize the adaptec AH-2920
card? Is it the fact that its PCI?...help please!

1. RedHat 5 - AHA-2920 SCSI Controler

I've a problem with installing Linux on my machine via CDROM.

I've partitioned my disk 730MB IDE into 1*200MB Windows95 partition (SR2)
and I'm trying to use the rest for Linux.

I have a CDROM and 1GB Hard DIsk attached to an Adaptec 2920 Scsi
Controller(PCI).
Now I've installed Win95 and win95 has configured itself thus
I/O 6100-610F
Intr 15
ALL works fine.

Come now to my Linux install!!
If I place the Linux CD into the CDROM Drive IT will spin up and boot to
the Boot: Prompt, so it can access the SCSI bus, but if I then press
return and it boot, when It comes to the question of where to install
Linux FROM, i.e. my CDROM. I tell it I have a SCSI cdrom and it lists a
few controllers to pick from, the 2920 is not listed but the 154x,174x,
294x, are listed. I've tried the Future Domain (both) drivers but It
won't have it.

The CDROM & HDD are both external to the system in a Lion Box. CD=ID5
HDD=ID6. Internal DAT ID=2

What am I doing wrong?? It can see it because it boots (MY CMOS IS NOT
SET TO ENABLE BOOTING ON CDROM) from the cdrom.!
I've been told to enter at the boot prompt
: linux fdomain=0x6100,15,7,1, and although it boot's it complains about
the string.

DAZED & CONFUSED
--
Kevin J.Dell
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose

2. I am looking for IDE for Linux Developement System.

3. Adaptec AHA 2920 Driver for RedHat LINUX 5.0 ?

4. Planning to load Red Hat Linux 7.2 on Dell Desktop

5. Linux on Presario 5441, Compaq

6. AHA 2920 SCSI controller

7. 3.1.2F no malloc??

8. Support for ADAPTEC's SCSI AHA-2920 board

9. AHA-2920 SCSI adaptor

10. EIDE for disks, AHA-2920 SCSI for everything else

11. aha-2920 & redhat 4.2

12. AHA-2920 solution for linux redhat 4.1