Can Anyone recommend an external or internal ISDN modem for Redhat 5.2.?

Can Anyone recommend an external or internal ISDN modem for Redhat 5.2.?

Post by lang » Mon, 16 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Before buying an ISDN modem for my Red Hat 5.2. I'd like to check if
anyone has made positive or negative expieriences with any kind od ISDN
device. I know that the following cards are supported:
SpellCaster's Datacomute/BRI or Telecomute/BRI (ISA)
aswell as a card of Traverse Technologies
but I'd rather have a well knows brand such as US Robotics or Fritz or
any other well known brand.
Thanks for any help, Joel

Can Anyone recommend an external or internal ISDN modem for Redhat 5.2.?

Post by Tad » Mon, 16 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I used the Spellcaster Datacommute BRI for over a year and never had any
problems. It was very easy to set up and configure. I have since moved to
cable modem since it became available, though.

When I purchased mine, they were a bit pricey. I do not know how much they
go for now. Mine has been sitting in a static bag for 8 mos now....... if
you are interested.

Tad