Newbie needs Slackware Installaltion Help

Newbie needs Slackware Installaltion Help

Post by Thomas Wischgo » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi

>I obtained a large Lunux book called "Using Linux", with it came a
>CDROM containing Slackware 2.0.1, I want to install it on my system:

>Pentium 100Mhz Award BIOS 1995
>WD Caviar 1.2Gb
>16Mb RAM
>Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM 2Mb

>The problem is that this book says that this version, somehow, does
>not support Pentium processors or PCI bus, it's from 1995.

>I really want to install Linux on my system, but will it work on my
>system?

Hi,

your system should work, but not with Slackware 2.0.1. You should use
Slackware 3.0 or RedHat 3.0.3 which is newer. AFAIK the X-Server on
your distribution doesn't support any Diamond cards.

Tom.

--

         "He who isn't feeling confused must be disinformed"

1. Newbie needs Slackware Installaltion Help

Hi

I obtained a large Lunux book called "Using Linux", with it came a
CDROM containing Slackware 2.0.1, I want to install it on my system:

Pentium 100Mhz Award BIOS 1995
WD Caviar 1.2Gb
16Mb RAM
Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM 2Mb

The problem is that this book says that this version, somehow, does
not support Pentium processors or PCI bus, it's from 1995.

I really want to install Linux on my system, but will it work on my
system?

Thanx,

U r i.

 ~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~'~`~
     Uri Gonda                Now is it true, or is it not, that what is

2. Problem of EIDE HDD connectiong to OLD IDE I/F

3. Newbie needs help installing Slackware 3.4

4. Problem with printer

5. Newbie needs help with NIC under slackware 3.0.0

6. Laptop SCSI (Adaptec 1480) Support

7. newbie who needs help with the slackware "n" series!

8. Problem with libbind.a

9. Hi, i'm a newbie and I need help concerning the setup of Linux (slackware)

10. Newbie Slackware Installer Needs Help

11. slackware, newbie needs help with setup and fdisk

12. SCSI Tape in slackware - newbie needs help

13. Newbie needs help with Slackware 3.4 and NEC SCSI drive