Printer: HP 855C

Post by Lawrence Sayr » Mon, 30 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Can I use my HP 855C printer with Linux, either via a native driver, of
via Ghostscript?

If the answer is yes, will it have decent output in B/W and Color?

Is there a Linux distribution which comes with a driver for this
printer?

Man's mind is his basic tool of survival!

1. HP Deskjet 855c colors messed up - suggest better printer perhaps?

I've searched the groups and tried a bunch of things to get my HP
Deskjet 855C color printing straightened out (colors way off).

I'm currently using CUPS and Foomatic.  I've tried foomatic drivers
and others, with no success.

I'm considering updgrading to a Postcript printer, any suggestions?
Alternately, any suggestions for getting this one to work properly?

Thanks.

2. Linux PPP: "serial line is not 8 bit clean" - HELP!

3. HP Deskjet 855C Printer Driver

4. cannot write to nfs share.

5. RH 5.2 and HP 855c printer

6. Future of Linux???

7. How to tell my HP 855c printer to lighten up..

8. Problems with TAR

9. HP Deskjet 855c and lpd

10. HP DeskJet 855C & Red Hat 4.0

11. HP Deskjet 855C

12. HP Deskjet 855C / Linux (Slackware 2.2.0)

13. HP 855C driver for Linux