1. Kingston KNE-40T Network Adapters
I'm trying to get a Kingston KNE-40T combo card working under
Slackware 3.0, and not having much success with it. The cards is
attached to 10Base2 coax, and tests fine under DOS with a packet
driver and NCSA Telnet. However, it's not properly recognized by
Linux; I get a "Unknown PCI device. PCI Vendor id=6. PCI Device
id=14" error in the early stages of startup, and it never initializes
as eth0. I do have the appropriate entries in lilo.config, and have
tried the Digital and tulip drivers (except the latest one; it won't
compile for me). The host was previously using a SMC Ultra, which
I've moved to another host that has no PCI slots (I got a good deal
on the KNE-40Ts, and the plan was to use one in this host to both
upgrade it and free up the Ultra for the other host).
Checking the Ethernet-HOWTO told me that either the Digital or
tulip driver should work, as the NICs use the Digital 21041-AA
chip. Doesn't seem to with kernel 1.2.13, though.
Has anyone gotten this NIC working under Linux? Do I need to go
to a newer kernel, or is there something else I'm missing?
"Mother! I didn't expect to see you here so soon!" "Nor I you, Princess."
2. X and STB Velocity 128 (4meg nVidia)
3. Kingston KNE-40T and linux
4. Using ksh to remove commented lines from C or C++ files
5. Kingston KNE 20BT ethernet card
6. RedHat 7.1 kde font problem
7. Kingston KNE-CB4TX
8. UNIX questions
9. Is anyone using a Kingston KNE-PC2 NIC ?
10. kingston kne-pc2t pcmcia ethernet card driver
11. Kingston KNE-30T PCI card not working
12. Network - Kingston KNE-2031+
13. Kingston KNE-2000T+ and Linux