1. mount removable harddisk?
I have a removable harddisk carrier installed in my linuxbox.
It's a sort of tray, where you put an ordinary harddisk, and
then have a very easy way of taking it with you.
My problem is this:
I know that the IDE interface is not made for "hot-plug", (that
is, putting the harddisk in, while the system is booted), but
it would be nice if it would work anyway.
I have tried to insert the harddisk while the system was booted
and then tried to mount it, but mount complains that "device is
not a block device. I think this is because the kernel have not
yet "probed" the IDE bus, as it does at boot-up.
Is there a way to make the kernel aware of the inserted harddisk,
so that I can mount it?
Jesper Holm Olsen, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen
2. Oracle Interface
3. mounting msdos removable drives (syquest 44 MB harddisk) ?
4. Linux on IBM Thinkpad 350?
5. Help Needed: Removable Harddisk 1GB on SCO-UNIX
6. A few DiskSuite queries
7. Removable harddisk problems..
8. Does anyone know of drivers for the Compaq s100 Scanner?(nt)
9. Removable PCMCIA cd-rom & Audio
10. Help setting up an avatar shark pcmcia removable drive
11. Can't mount pcmcia harddisk.
12. Q: PCMCIA IDE Controler + IDE Harddisk
13. PCMCIA SCSI cd works, harddisk doesn't