external USR Sporster 14.4k fax/modem

Post by hex » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Anyone have good documentation on this modem?  I can't find anything
regarding the S registers (although I found some for newer models,
but they don't appear to have the same registers).

I'm asking this because I'm having a real tough time getting connected
via PAP, and even though I played with the lcp-* and pap-* settings
of pppd, the end result is the same:  it hangs up after so many
LCP ConfReq are sent (the number depends on what those lcp-* and pap-*
variables are set to).  That's why I'm thinking this may be
hardware-related.

The machine I'm trying to get authenticated by is an Ascend router,
and after reading an FAQ about them, I found out that it's a good idea
to set S7 to a high value (it's set to 120 right now), but I have no
info on the other registers.

external USR Sporster 14.4k fax/modem

Post by DCHube » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I don't know if this will help, but check out
www.usr.com/modem/documents/10563.htm

Dave

>Anyone have good documentation on this modem?  I can't find anything
>regarding the S registers (although I found some for newer models,
>but they don't appear to have the same registers).

>I'm asking this because I'm having a real tough time getting connected
>via PAP, and even though I played with the lcp-* and pap-* settings
>of pppd, the end result is the same:  it hangs up after so many
>LCP ConfReq are sent (the number depends on what those lcp-* and pap-*
>variables are set to).  That's why I'm thinking this may be
>hardware-related.

>The machine I'm trying to get authenticated by is an Ascend router,
>and after reading an FAQ about them, I found out that it's a good idea
>to set S7 to a high value (it's set to 120 right now), but I have no
>info on the other registers.

1. USR 14.4k fax/modem

I just purchased a USR 14.4k Speedster fax/modem.  I am having trouble getting seyon to work with it.  I can get seyon to find the modem and dial a number.  I hear a phone ringing, it is answered by the "screech" of another modem, but then seyon just sits there and continues to count.  After ~40 seconds it "sleeps" for 10 seconds and then dials again.  It seems that no connection can be made.

Does anyone have an idea what may be wrong?

Eric Mulkay

2. kernel threads not swapping

3. efax+US.Robutistic Sporter 14.4K data/fax modem

4. DCOPserver failure when starting KDE2.2 on FreeBSD4.4

5. Class 1 Fax software and the USRobotics 14.4kbps Sporster

6. code coverage tool

7. UUCP Configuration(USR 14.4k)-HELP!!!

8. Expert Advice needed!!

9. Improve term response w/ 14.4K USR?

10. Need uucp Dialers info - USR Sportster 14.4k

11. USR Sportster 14.4k Internal

12. 2.4 -> 14.4k modem migration problems

13. 14.4k Modem under DOSEMU