Pro Sonic 16 SCSI

Post by Lawrence Won » Sat, 29 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Linux-CD on a Media Vision Pro Sonic 16 SCSI with
a Sanyo CRD-254SH 4x cd-rom drive.  I've read the faq that come with it
and tried all the SCSI kernal and no luck.  If somebody could get back
to me on this, it'll be really appreciated.

Lawrence Wong

Pro Sonic 16 SCSI

Post by Steve Stol » Sun, 30 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>Hi all,

>I'm trying to install Linux-CD on a Media Vision Pro Sonic 16 SCSI with
>a Sanyo CRD-254SH 4x cd-rom drive.  I've read the faq that come with it
>and tried all the SCSI kernal and no luck.  If somebody could get back
>to me on this, it'll be really appreciated.

I have this smae sound card. I found that Media Vision changed the default
settings for the Future Domain SCSI bus onboard. My boot prompt had to add
the different parameters to be able to recognize the bus. It looks like this:

boot: linux tmc8xx=0xc8000,11

This tells the kernel to look at memory address c8000 for the scsi code and
to use int 11. I use c8000 because of a conflict I had in DOS with my video
card using the stock address of ca00. If you haven't reconfigured your card,
that address would probably work.

1. Media Vision Pro Sonic 16 SCSI

Does anyone have experience with the SCSI interface on
Media Vision Pro Sonic 16 sound card under Linux?

I use kernel 1.2.3. The sound part works fine. As the
SCSI chip on the card is Future Domain 950, I tried
ST80/Future Domain 8xx SCSI driver in the kernel.
With LILO boot argument tmc8xx=0xCA00,11, the card
itself is detected at irq 11, address 0x0CA00. But
neither devices (Seagate ST1480N and Archive Python 4520)
on the SCSI bus is detected.

I will summarize.

Jiahua

2. vote counting scripts or software

3. Pro Sonic 16 and SCSI

4. Help ELF's everywhere

5. Pro Sonic 16

6. mkisofs and long filenames

7. pro sonic 16

8. newbie - network interface

9. Media Vision Pro Sonic 16 sound card

10. Pro Sonic 16 & NEC 2Xi (210)

11. Pro Sonic 16 / HELP!

12. 'Pro Audio Spectrum 16': Can't get 16 bit?

13. SCSI driver for Pro-Audio Spectrum 16