Matrox Millenium ??!!

Post by Anil V. R » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Would somebody please explain to me why there is no XFree86
Driver for the Matrox MGA Millenium video card?  This card is being
sold by so many OEM's and has been out for nearly a year!

I just got Slackware 96 from Walnut Creek.  It took so long for
the new version of Slackware to be released.  In all of that
time, why was it not possible to write a driver for the MGA Millenium
card?  I am pretty upset because I assumed (wrongly of course) that there
would be no problem getting X up and running with this video card.

If anybody knows of a solution to this limitation, I would sincerely
appreciate the help

--
Dr. Anil V. Rao
Member of Technical Staff

Matrox Millenium ??!!

Post by Peter F. Curr » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Would somebody please explain to me why there is no XFree86
>Driver for the Matrox MGA Millenium video card?  This card is being
>sold by so many OEM's and has been out for nearly a year!

>I just got Slackware 96 from Walnut Creek.  It took so long for
>the new version of Slackware to be released.  In all of that
>time, why was it not possible to write a driver for the MGA Millenium
>card?  I am pretty upset because I assumed (wrongly of course) that there
>would be no problem getting X up and running with this video card.

>If anybody knows of a solution to this limitation, I would sincerely
>appreciate the help

>--
>Dr. Anil V. Rao
>Member of Technical Staff
>The Aerospace Corporation
>Flight Mechanics Department
>Optimization Techniques Section
>Telephone:  (310) 336 - 4503

Geez!  Just read whats in front of ya!  Matrox is non-cooperative
with free software types.  Read old docs on Diamond complaints, cross
out Diamond Stealth everywhere, and substitute Matox.

  - Me

1. Matrox Millenium II

Hi,

I've found in www.redhat.com that the version 4.2 of RedHat allows to
use a Matrox Millenium but not the Millenium II.
Where can I find the drivers to use my graphic card do I have to change
for another
LINUX distribution.

Tank U

Ch. Bruttin

   Rittmeyer AG                      URL  http://www.access.ch/rittmeyer

 Grienbacstrasse 39             Phone +41 41 767 10 00
CH 6302 ZUG                 Fax   +41 41 767 19 75

2. Strange key mapping

3. MATROX Millenium Drivers for linux

4. NFS over very slow lines

5. Matrox Millenium & Xaccel

6. 1.3.31 st.c error linking vmlinux

7. Matrox Millenium - HELP - much too slow !!

8. Is NFS performance under Linux known to be poor?

9. Matrox Millenium Driver Update

10. x86 and Matrox Millenium II

11. Matrox Millenium II question ?

12. Need help with a MGA Matrox Millenium Video Card

13. Matrox Millenium Support