Best Dual Slot 1 mobo?

Post by jdmcdonn.. » Mon, 27 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Your 2cents worth please:

What is the best value dual slot 1 mobo?

I want it for Linux. I would like to be able to overclock the CPUs so a
range of FSB speeds from 100MHz to 150MHz would help (The GA-6BXD falls
down here with only 66 & 100MHz settings).

Anyone using the Elite dual cpu boards with Linux?

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Best Dual Slot 1 mobo?

Post by Odessi » Mon, 27 Sep 1999 04:00:00

One of the best is Epox KP6-BS, I love it, very stable and beautifully
done board, but its max FSB speed is "only" 133MHz. You can read review
of it at www.bxboards.com in the 'A'-list they also have dual slot 1
mobo review specifically for overclockers (150MHz max).
I run my Epox with Linux RH 6.0/NT4.0, works just fine.

--
Vladimir Doisan (AKA ODESSIT)
Odessity Vseh Stran Obedenyaites

> Your 2cents worth please:

> What is the best value dual slot 1 mobo?

> I want it for Linux. I would like to be able to overclock the CPUs so
> range of FSB speeds from 100MHz to 150MHz would help (The GA-6BXD
falls
> down here with only 66 & 100MHz settings).

> Anyone using the Elite dual cpu boards with Linux?

> Thanks!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Best Dual Slot 1 mobo?

Post by tiggr » Mon, 27 Sep 1999 04:00:00

iam a fan of shuttle's 649a... does 630 with my p3 450 if i only
have one cpu in... but 600 rock stable with both... have read alot
that it might be due to bx chipset heating up... gonna fan that one to...

www.spacewalker.com

// tig

aint stable for shite... (tennmax cooler, and only pc100 mem)

Quote:> Your 2cents worth please:

> What is the best value dual slot 1 mobo?

> I want it for Linux. I would like to be able to overclock the CPUs so a
> range of FSB speeds from 100MHz to 150MHz would help (The GA-6BXD falls
> down here with only 66 & 100MHz settings).

> Anyone using the Elite dual cpu boards with Linux?

> Thanks!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Best Dual (Slot 2?) Motherboard Needed

Maybe not cheap but we are using the Supermicro P6DGU motherboard, and it it
a good quality board.

Currently supports upto 2 X Pentium II 450Mhz, 2GB ECC Ram and has on-board
U2W scsi, Ultra SCSI and UltraWide scsi buses. Uses Intel GX chipset.

BIOS upgradeble to support Pentium III processor's.

Current price around 320 in the UK.

We have SMP Linux running on Ultra2 SCSI hard disks and performance is
nothing short of amazing for the price.

2. Where to get mt-utility?

3. Which SMP: Dual 370 or Dual Slot 1?

4. PCMCIA Ethernet Card

5. Are there any Micro-ATX mobos with two or more PCI slots ?

6. COMMERCIAL: PV-WAVE time-limited marketing test version on Linux

7. Best mobo for linux mandrake 8

8. rsh localhost works, rsh by name doesn't

9. What's the best K6-3 mobo?

10. best p-pro mobo for freebsd

11. dual slot CompactFlash & SmartMedia Drive USB (hama)?

12. Best 3D card and Mobo for Linux?

13. Best mobo for Linux ?