Modem Speed

Post by Gregory J. Davi » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am running Redhat 6.0/Gnome and WIN 98. First is there an applet or
command line that I can see what my PPP connection rate is.
My internet performance is not as fast (I am sorry for saying, but it is
true) in Gnome as it is in Win 98. My modem is a Zoom 56k 2919.
Any solutions or suggestions are appreciated.

Modem Speed

Post by Henrik Carlqvis » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> First is there an applet or command line that I can see what my PPP
> connection rate is.

There is a program called pppload. You will find it at:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/network/serial/ppp/pppload-1.0...

The above link is rather old, maybe there is a newer version now.

Quote:> My internet performance is not as fast (I am sorry for saying, but it
> is true) in Gnome as it is in Win 98. My modem is a Zoom 56k 2919.
> Any solutions or suggestions are appreciated.

Maybe it will help with irqtune. Sorry, I don't have any link, but do a
search at altavista or freshmeat.

regards Henrik
--
spammer strikeback:

1. Querying modem-to-modem speed of PPP connection.

I'm using Redhat 4.1.

Is there a way to query the modem-to-modem speed of an existing PPP
connection?  I know that I can send packets and do timings to
calculate this, but I'm wondering if there is some utility that already
exists which will give me this information.

By the way, I'm not interested in the speed returned by 'setserial',
since that's the speed of the port itself, not the modem-to-modem
speed.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman

2. Midnight Commander 2.1

3. modem to modem speeds

4. NIS problem

5. How to tell modem speed

6. Any info on BA365 cabinet controllers?

7. Modem Speed - Windows 98 vs. Linux

8. Setting up NT with linux/win95?

9. Internet,Modem,Speed,Linux???

10. Modem Speed with PPP