How to run NON-ATAPI Mitsumi CDROM without interrupts ?

How to run NON-ATAPI Mitsumi CDROM without interrupts ?

Post by hemmerl.. » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello !
I got an old MITSUMI DoubleSPeed CDROM (non-ATAPI = older) with own
16-bit controller,
IRQ 11, IO $340.
I am trying to run Debian Linux of mid 1999 (2 CD edition from the
german CHIP special magazine)

With the Mitsumi kernel module, the usual parameters are
m??=0x340,11
for my controller. But this hardware does not work correctly in
interrupt mode (a timeout occurs when addressing a cdrom for reading
bigger files). So for MSDOS and WIN95, I am using the "poll" mode -
works great for this old computer.

m?? - I dont remember the eact mnemonic as I am typing here, but I know

So how may I configure the Mitsumi kernel module for non-interrupt
operation = poll mode
m??=0x340,0
is the wrong solution

Please answer to the newsgroups AND please answer personally.
Sincerely
Rolf

        /    /   /  Alone on the data highway...
      /        /    like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen
    /    /   /      The Hemmerling (R) WEB site
  /        /        Rolf Hemmerling, Germany
/    /   /          http://www.hemmerling.com/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Support for NSCD-2X-P non-ATAPI CDROM

An old sound-card-interfaced CD-ROM recently came into my possession
(with the sound card). Its model number is NSCD-2X-P, and I think it was
made by Funai. It attaches to a port labelled "Panasonic" on the sound
card, which is afaik made by Prosonic.

The unit works fine under DOS/Wingdoze (ugh) using the drivers supplies
on a floppy. The problem is that I can't get it to run under Linux. From
reading the mini-howto and other docs, it looks like the sbpcd driver
should be the one to use, but it fails to detect the CD-ROM both from
autoprobing and from parameter-passing at LILO.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is it simply that this CD-ROM is not
supported?

TIA,
--Colin

2. 2.0.31 broke my 2940

3. New Kernel Blues (Mitsumi ATAPI CDROM)

4. FS : Linux 6 CD Set - $10

5. Getting Linux to recognise a Mitsumi ATAPI CDROM

6. iptables from ipmasqadm

7. MITSUMI CDROM ATAPI IDE on linux

8. Hi There

9. ATAPI Mitsumi cdrom and 1.1.76 fails

10. Getting Linux to recognise a Mitsumi ATAPI CDROM

11. mitsumi ATAPI 2x CDROM

12. IDE Atapi Mitsumi CDROM/Vibra 16 Soundcard help

13. Can't setup Linux with ATAPI Mitsumi FX400 CDROM