Digital Cameras supported for linux?

Post by Gabe Johnso » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hello. I'm looking into getting a digital camera. I've looked
around and have only found a reference to two cameras (Casio QV-10
and QV-100) which are supported. The Hardware-HOWTO doesn't list
any. Has anybody been brave enough to write code to get a camera
to jive with linux? I suppose it would be too much to ask for
companies to write unix drivers...

Anyway, if anybody out there has a digital camera which unloads
into linux, I'd love to hear about it.

--
-gabe

Unite for Java - http://www.javalobby.org

Digital Cameras supported for linux?

Post by Kenny Raner » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello. I'm looking into getting a digital camera. I've looked
> around and have only found a reference to two cameras (Casio QV-10
> and QV-100) which are supported. The Hardware-HOWTO doesn't list
> any. Has anybody been brave enough to write code to get a camera
> to jive with linux? I suppose it would be too much to ask for
> companies to write unix drivers...

There's a program called camediaplay that's supposed to work with a
number of cameras. From the README file:

Quote:> KNOWN TO WORK WITH
>         - Olympus Camedia C-400L(D-200L)
>         - EPSON CP-100
>         - EPSON CP-500

> SHOULD WORK WITH
>         Any camera with Sanyo firmware/CPU.
>         Olympus, Epson, Agfa and Sanyo digital cameras falls into this
>         category, reportedly.

I've tried it with a Olympus camera and it works fine for me.

  Kenny

--

 http://www.axis.com/   http://hem1.passagen.se/kranerup