Newbie needs help with NIC

Post by Mike » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello Linux Gurus,

I installed Red Hat 5.1 on a 266 PII.  The install went well except for
my NIC. It is a plug and play card, but is on the tier 2 Linux HCL
(Intel EthernetExpress PRO/10+ ISA (SW Rel 3.5).

So I dumped out the card using pnpdump.  Pnpdump sees the card, yet the
installer does not?  Anyway, I vi'd the dump as pnpisa.conf and ran as
root pnpisa pnpisa.conf.  This did not work, either from command line -
or on reboot (pnpisa.conf in /etc).

I then tried to set the card in conf.modules, and reboot...  No luck.

My pnpisa.conf file orginally looked like this, as written by pnpdump:
My *windows setting* for the card is io=210-21F irq=5

(CONFIGURE INT1031/-911850112 (LD 0
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0200))
(INT 0 (IRQ 3 (MODE +E)))
(ACT Y)
))

This did not work. pnpisa consistently refused to read past the first
line.

My conf.modules file looks like this:

alias eth 0 eepro
alias eth0 options -k io=210 irq=5

I tried every combination with the io param i.e., (0210,210-21F,
0210-021F etc...) rebooting after each change.  I see the modules

Any corrections to the above - suggestions - help would be
appreciated...

--
Please remove ".nojunkmail" from my
address before replying............

1. Newbie needs help with NIC config.

Hi and thanks in advance...

No matter what I have tried I can not get redhat 6.2 to acknowledge the
existence of my D-link DFE-530TX Nic.  My buddy has the exact same card and
his system recognizes it always from 6.2 to 7.1...  I am at a loss for
words... Any suggestions?

Jay

2. experiences with CAN and/or Ethernet IO-modules?

3. Relative UNIX newbie needs help w/ NIC

4. deleting NIM Net object

5. Newbie Needs Help with NIC

6. What is char-major module?

7. Newbie needs help with NIC under slackware 3.0.0

8. Recovering broken tgz arcive

9. Newbie needs help with NIC

10. Newbie needs help with NIC and Red Hat 7.2

11. Newbie: need help getting NIC to function

12. newbie needs help with nic

13. Newbie needs to configure a NIC card, please help.