Linux , PCI sound cards, Zoom PCI pnp Modems

Linux , PCI sound cards, Zoom PCI pnp Modems

Post by Kevin Kenne » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Just "discovered" linux recently, and until now never even considered the
possibility of wanting to run something other than windows when I
purchased my most recent modem about 6 months ago.... I suspect that I
will have to replace it in order to have net access with Linux.. It is a
Zoom PCI K56Flex (HCF dual mode.)  Anyone attempted to write a driver for
this modem? Nowhere in the literature or box did it say winmodem, but I
suspect that it might not even be possible to make it work in Linux..

How about a pci sound card-I believe it supports legacy sb16, right
address, memory and irq, but it is a pci no name 4D card...
Kevin
--
Check out my website at:
http://www.kta-hifi.com for diy projects, books, parts, and other tube hi-fi related items.

Remove spamnomore. from email address to reply.

Post by M. Buchenried » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Just "discovered" linux recently, and until now never even considered the
>possibility of wanting to run something other than windows when I
>purchased my most recent modem about 6 months ago.... I suspect that I
>will have to replace it in order to have net access with Linux.. It is a
>Zoom PCI K56Flex (HCF dual mode.)

                  ^^^^^
[...]

Winmodem junk. You'll have to buy a real modem.

Michael

Linux , PCI sound cards, Zoom PCI pnp Modems

Post by Jose Uren » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

1. HCF and HSC are softmodems. no drivers are available. and might never be
aailable
2. the soundcard might be a Ensoniqs PCI. needs Kernel 2.2.0-pre6

:
: How about a pci sound card-I believe it supports legacy sb16, right
: address, memory and irq, but it is a pci no name 4D card...
: Kevin
: --
: Check out my website at:
: http://www.kta-hifi.com for diy projects, books, parts, and other tube
hi-fi related items.
:
: Remove spamnomore. from email address to reply.
:

1. how to get unixware v7 recognize pci modem and pci sound card??

I have a pci modem( v. 90 56k) and a Yamaha pci sound card which I want to
use in my unxiare 7 box but I can't seem to get the devices to work.  In
the DCU I can find a reference to the pci modem and I have added the
parameters in the communication card section.  The result is that the
serial ports are identifed as com 3 but I can't talk to the modem after
running modem manager.  The sound card although pci does not appear in the
dcu and I am quite surprised that sco has not made the move towards
recognizing all pci cards in the current version.

I have to admit that the dcu hardware manager is the pits.  One would
think that sco could have developed something better to configure hardware
devices.  Just think of how easy it is on windows with the control panel
to administer devices -- sco could use something similar especially on a
platform which is touted as leading edge.

The Netscape server also leaves much to be desired.  It crashes often and
hangs the system altogether.  I recently moved to the apache web server
which was considerably easier to use.

Mark

2. Batch and print scheduling software

3. Help with a Zoom 56K PCI Pnp Modem (NO WINMODEM)

4. Tree, B-tree and ISAM

5. PCI Yamaha Sound Card (Xwave Direct 192 PCI) Help o : )

6. Need jumper settings for AST 486 33mhz 50540-001

7. PCI PnP sound card: how to find out IRQ,I/O,DMA?

8. I can't run VGA Tetris ?

9. ESS1878 Sound card (PCI PnP) in Compaq Armada 1590DT Laptop

10. PCI modems or sound cards for Linux?

11. Is it posible to use ZOOM PCI 56k modem under Linux?

12. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card

13. PCI modem, internal pci modem question