iiyama Vision Master Pro 514/HM204DT

Post by Bori » Mon, 15 Mar 2004 02:29:38

Hallo World - my first post with Linux system, so it's pretty strange
exciting.

If someone could give me some help, that would be appreciated.

I have the above monitor, but Suse 9.0 doesn't have any specific files to
handle its frequencies (what in Windows would be an .inf file). I've tried
googling for it, but can't find anything anywhere: does anyone know where I
could find a file to deal with this specific monitor? At the moment, I'm
stuck with a flickering 60hz.

thanks
Boris
--
Boris couldn't think of a signature.

Post by Davide Bianch » Mon, 15 Mar 2004 02:38:01

> I have the above monitor, but Suse 9.0 doesn't have any specific files to
> handle its frequencies

You don't need those. Just get the spec from the web site of the producer
and change the configuration in the XF86Config file. All the
distributions have different tools to do so without direct tinkering
with the file itself (not that isn't an option).

Davide

--

Post by Bori » Mon, 15 Mar 2004 02:54:48

> You don't need those. Just get the spec from the web site of the producer
> and change the configuration in the XF86Config file. All the
> distributions have different tools to do so without direct tinkering
> with the file itself (not that isn't an option).

> Davide

thanks, I'll have a go.

Boris
--
Boris couldn't think of a signature.

1. Iiyama Vision Master Pro 450 v Linux

Hi there,

I've just got a new monitor (Iiyama Visions Master Pro 450), and while it
works fine under dos and win95, I'm having problems under Linux....

I was wondering if anyone else has had problems? (and looking for fixes).

The problem is the picture is unstable on the horizontal (wobbles), when the
machine is under load. It doesn't require text IO to be happening, taring to
/dev/null provokes the problem.....

If I swap the lead to the old monitor (without rebooting), the picture is
stable.

I can fix the picture under X11 (Xfree86) by changing the sync pulses to be
positive.
The console is running at the default resolution (ie. same as dos).

Any ideas?

Have I got a monitor fault, or is Linux just setting the console up using
neg sync - in which case how can I change it?!

Cheers
Mark

2. Setting up an IRQ Handler

3. XF86Config for IIyama Vision Master Pro 410

4. Yamaha OPL3-SAx solved!

5. X settings for iiyama vision master pro 19"

6. Dropped telenet connection

7. IIyama Vision Master Pro 17 MT-9017E Problems

8. IPCHAINS Logging

9. modeline for iiyama vision master pro 17" 9017E?

10. iiyama Vision Master Pro 411

11. XF86Config Modelines for iiyama MT-9017E (Vision Master Pro 17)?

12. iiyama Vision Master Pro 450 (model A901GT)

13. Mandrake 8.0 with IIYAMA A705MT (Vision Master Pro 411)