AGFA SNAPSCAN 1236s and SANE

Post by Christian Buehle » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am not able to get my scanner to work....

I have a AGFA Snapscan 1236s and try to use it under MAndrake Linux 6.0
with SANE 1.01-2.

For the scanner I use a SCSI Controller aha1505AV.

First I load the module with:

        modprobe aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7
        This works fine so far...

Second I execute the program scanimage from SANE with parameter -L

       scanimage -L
and get the following:
      device `snapscan:/dev/sge' is a AGFA SNAPSCAN 1236 flatbed scanner

This seems to be ok...

So now I want to scan a Picture:

      scanimage
The scanner led no blinks and on the prompt I get:

P6
# SANE data follows
2540 3422
255

after that nothing else happens and I get no picture.

What am I doing wrong????

Please help

1. SANE works again with my Agfa Snapscan!!

These are files from 2.2.5, I think. They work with the newer kernels,
but are not needed anymore. There is now a new backend for the
Snapscan, version 0.7, that works with the newer sg.[hc].
--
Harald Arnesen, Apall?kkveien 23 A, N-0956 Oslo, Norway

2. Perfect Match

3. USB Scanner (AGFA SnapScan 1212u) and SANE?

4. need help with setting screen resolution

5. Agfa 1236S scanners

6. Possible problems with kernel 2.2.1

7. Problems with configuration of agfa snapscan touch scanner

8. Capture driver for nVidia Riva128 video inputs?

9. Agfa SnapScan 1212U

10. USB Scanner Pb (Agfa SnapScan 1212U)

11. Using Agfa SnapScan with RedHat7

12. installing agfa snapscan