Linux / NEC SuperScript 660 problem

Post by Raphael Dorad » Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I installed Red Hat Linux 4.1 on my machine, but I can't get my
NEC SuperScript 660 printer work with it.

The control-panel detects a printer on /dev/lp1, but I couldn't
get any output.

Any hints ?

Regards.

--Raphael

Linux / NEC SuperScript 660 problem

Post by Hartmut Niema » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

posted and mailed

>I installed Red Hat Linux 4.1 on my machine, but I can't get my
>NEC SuperScript 660 printer work with it.
>The control-panel detects a printer on /dev/lp1, but I couldn't
>get any output.

Why? Don't you read news?

Quote:>Regards.
>--Raphael

AFAIK the NEC SuperScript is a GDI printer, i.e. a dumb Windows-only printer
that relies heavily on it's Win drivers.
Can you print from DOS (not the DOS box)?

If it's a GDI printer, then you are lost. It is not supported under Linux and
chances are it will never be. Complain at NEC and ask them for a Linux
driver.

Hartmut.

1. NEC SUPERSCRIPT 660 printer problem !!??

Hi Folks,
 I just got my NEC SUPERSCRIPT 660 printer attached to my LINUX station
running kernel 2.0.24. When I purchase the printer, it is said to
emulate HP-PCL printer. However, the problem is that it is emulating
thru software in WINDOWS 95!!! Now that I am stuck with it, I am
wondering if anyone out there knows about a filter that would drive this
particular printer? Thanks.
Apollo Wong

2. tcsh and ftp port

3. Any one use NEC SuperScript 660 or 860 printer with Linux??

4. Freesco 0.2.7 - ping freezes

5. NEC Superscript 660

6. simple sed and grep question...

7. NEC SuperScript 660 -- Help!!

8. Redirecting Error, But Not Output

9. NEC Superscript 660+ on RHL4.2

10. Host-based Printers (NEC Superscript 660)

11. NEC Superscript 660 Plus printer compatible with Red Hat 6.0?

12. Nec SuperScript 660 HELP!!!!

13. NEC SuperScript 660