Thinkpad 700

Post by Paul Jacob » Wed, 20 Dec 2000 03:26:42

Hi,

I'm a newbie and I'm trying to install Linux on an old ThinkPad 700C.

I get an 'NMI generated from unknown source' while booting
wiht the rescue diskette.

There is also a 'Whaa. Error occurred' up above this last error.

A little perusal of the source indicates that the first error is in
a file 'ps2esdi.c' which is, I think, code related to the hard drive
on this machine.

In any case, it ain't working.  Anybody got any ideas?

Paul

1. (help) Microchannel architecture (IBM Thinkpad 700)

I bought it yesterday for a few and was quite happy.
 Now I read here that it has an MCA architecture, that I won't ever run
linux on it etc. etc...
 Well, I don't think I'll give up. I'm looking for a page previously at
http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~cpbeaure/mca-linux.html

NE1 knows where it is by now ? (seems that it has moved or disappeared
since may.)

2. Putting stubs around library routines (was: When will malloc...)

3. ThinkPad 700: HDD driver

4. SMP and CAPS-Lock

5. IBM Thinkpad 9552 Model 700 PS/2 HELP!

6. POP3 Not working

7. Does Linux support Colorado DJ-700 (Jumbo 700) tape drive ?

8. dip and expect

9. Solaris 8, sun blade 100, APC 700 UPS problem

10. QIC-02 - Cypher 700

11. HP 700/92

12. IBM 6000 vs HP 9000 series 700

13. X and Vivitron 700-069 by Gateway 2k