3com Impact External ISDN Modem

Post by Chris Thornbur » Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have an external 3com Impact ISDN modem and 2 channels to play with.
Anyone have any luck in setting this modem up to work? What I need
basically is a starting point for research. I would definatly like to
use this so I can use my Linux machine (2.2.14) as the router instead of
what my room mates want to use because its easy, win2000. Its an
external modem and it says it emulates AT commands, but a couple places
i read you install it like a nic card. Ohh yeah, the other thing I want
it to do is use both channels, but drop the line when a call comes in. I
know windows has software from this but 3com hasn't released any
software as far as i can see for it. I'm not sure wether thats a feature
of the modem or the phone company yet; but i think more than likely the
modem. If you could help me out and give a few suggestions on where I
should look, the help would be greatly appreciated. Btw; I have a dialup
analog gateway at home right now so I'm familar with masq already.

-Thanks,
Chris

3com Impact External ISDN Modem

Post by Yehoshua Shosha » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi Chris,
You can try to use kppp with the same setup as for reguler modem.
However change the ATZ string with ATB31.

You can do similar thing with wvdial.
Yehoshua

> I have an external 3com Impact ISDN modem and 2 channels to play with.
> Anyone have any luck in setting this modem up to work? What I need
> basically is a starting point for research. I would definatly like to
> use this so I can use my Linux machine (2.2.14) as the router instead of
> what my room mates want to use because its easy, win2000. Its an
> external modem and it says it emulates AT commands, but a couple places
> i read you install it like a nic card. Ohh yeah, the other thing I want
> it to do is use both channels, but drop the line when a call comes in. I
> know windows has software from this but 3com hasn't released any
> software as far as i can see for it. I'm not sure wether thats a feature
> of the modem or the phone company yet; but i think more than likely the
> modem. If you could help me out and give a few suggestions on where I
> should look, the help would be greatly appreciated. Btw; I have a dialup
> analog gateway at home right now so I'm familar with masq already.

> -Thanks,
> Chris

  y-shoshan.vcf
< 1K Download