PS/2 Mouse help!

Post by Mike Ker » Mon, 10 May 1999 04:00:00

I'm running Slackware Linux and I can't get it to work with my PS/2
mouse. It will work with a serial mouse, but unfortunately the serial
mouse is on loan and has to go back. If anybody can help me, let me know
cuz I really need to get that mouse working!
Thanx.
-Mike

PS/2 Mouse help!

Post by jaso » Mon, 10 May 1999 04:00:00

Stpid question, but did you recompile your kernel with PS/2 mouse support?

-jason

(to reply via email, make the appropriate substitution in my email address)

PS/2 Mouse help!

Post by Len Hupp » Mon, 10 May 1999 04:00:00

Try changing the device name for your mouse to /dev/psaux.  Both GPM and
xf86config will recognize that as the proper device name for a PS/2 mouse
port.
Quote:> I'm running Slackware Linux and I can't get it to work with my PS/2
> mouse. It will work with a serial mouse, but unfortunately the serial
> mouse is on loan and has to go back. If anybody can help me, let me know
> cuz I really need to get that mouse working!
> Thanx.
> -Mike

PS/2 Mouse help!

Post by Eric Lee Gre » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

>Try changing the device name for your mouse to /dev/psaux.  Both GPM and
>xf86config will recognize that as the proper device name for a PS/2 mouse
>port.

He'll also need to change the mouse TYPE in both his GPM config and
in his XF86Config. In his XF86Config, the mouse type for a PS-2 Mouse
would be in Section "Pointer" and would be
     Protocol "PS/2"

rather than
     Protocol "MS"

(or whatever protocol was there for the serial mouse).

Since I don't know where Slacker stashes its GPM config, or in what
format, I won't even begin to comment on that one.

--

   One database programmer/system administrator for hire, see web site above

1. PS/2 mouse help

Hello.

I've just installed XFree86 and got fvwm to run. I noticed that when
I move my PS/2 mouse (Mouse Systems 3-button PS/2) and stop and move
it again it wants to start moving from the left-bottom corner of the
screen. It does this almost everytime. I have both the linux kernel
and XF86Config files set for a PS/2 mouse. Anyone else have this
problem? Any suggestions?

Frank

2. setuid root perl script

3. HELP: Serial Mouse --> PS/2 mouse

4. HELP: SIGSEGV in libc Initialization?

5. PS/2 Mouse vs PS/2 Keyboard woes

6. Solarisq 2.5.1 performance

7. Email routing in Linux

8. new PS/2-port and new PS/2-mouse doesn't work

9. optical mouse (ps/2 - usb) random events problems as ps/2?

10. PROBLEM: PS/2 mouse movements cause lock up of all mouse and keyboard input

11. SUN's mouse used for PC PS/2 mouse port ??

12. gpm: PS/2 mouse and serial mouse