Aureal 8830 Driver... linux.aureal.com=BAD?

Aureal 8830 Driver... linux.aureal.com=BAD?

Post by Todd Sacket » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

Hello, I am trying to get drivers for an aureal sq2500 card, using 8830
chipset, and the only place i Know of that has (had?) it was
linux.aureal.com, but I can't get there?  Does anyone know if this site is
still up? or perhaps an alternative location to d/l the driver?

Thanks,
Todd

Aureal 8830 Driver... linux.aureal.com=BAD?

Post by C. C. McPherso » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello, I am trying to get drivers for an aureal sq2500
card, using 8830
> chipset, and the only place i Know of that has (had?) it was
> linux.aureal.com, but I can't get there?  Does anyone know if this site is
> still up? or perhaps an alternative location to d/l the driver?

> Thanks,
> Todd

> --

It appears to be down :-( Maybe it's because the whole
Aureal executive staff resigned recently (including
President, CEO, CFO, CTO including all senior staff
members). They have also filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.
Aureal is NOT looking too good. If you need one of the
releases, just e-mail me (just take the nospam off my email
address), and I can send you the one you want. I have
au88xx-1_0_3_tar.gz, au88xx-1_0_4_tar.gz, and au88xx-
1_0_5_tar.gz.

-Clyde

1. Aureal vortex2 (8830) sound driver for Linux installation

Hello,

I have a Dell Dimension PC with a  Turtle Beach Montego II A3D PCI sound

card running Linux.
I downloaded the drivers from http://linux.aureal.com/ (v. 1.0.5) second

public release.
Then I uncompressed, untared, went to the directory, typed "make
install" (for a 8830 model).
And ... no sound. The makefile generates one error at the end, but just
iggnores it. So I guess
it's a non-fatal error.

Is there a way to check my installation ? my sound configuration ? I
must say I'm totally at using
sound under Linux.

Thanks if you can help at all.

Vincent DECOUX

2. problem: CDROM access v slow

3. Aureal vortex 2 (8830) driver for Linux

4. question about /etc/printcap...

5. Aureal 8830 drivers for RH 7.0???

6. FAILED TO OPEN /DEV/TTY

7. Aureal Vortex 2 (8830) on Red Hat 7.1 (Pentium)

8. Perl, Java, Shockwave

9. vortex driver from linux.aureal.com

10. Aureal Vortex1 (SQ1500) vs Aureal Vortex2(SQ2500)

11. Aureal SQ 2500 - Is there Linux Drivers That Work

12. Aureal (mx300) drivers for Linux

13. Work started on Linux drivers for Aureal Vortex sound card