1. Monitor specs needed for old SGI monitor
The subject says it all really. We have here an old SGI 4D35 standing
around that we don't really want to use for anything else then for
http server/file storage. However, the monitor is still good and I
could easily link it up to my Linux PC, if only I had the timing
specs needed for XFree86 (Hsync, Vsync, etc etc) - I know it runs at
1280x1024, 60Hz - I guess it's fixed freq.
The model number is
What I need to generate eventually is something like this, but for
# Horizontal Sync = 31.5kHz
# Timing: H=(0.95us, 3.81us, 1.59us), V=(0.35ms, 0.064ms, 1.02ms)
# name clock horizontal timing vertical timing flags
"640x480" 25.175 640 664 760 800 480 491 493 525
and what I need for that are all the timing specs (Hsync, Vsync, pulse
widths etc etc). Can anybody help? Alternatively, can anybody tell me who
manufactures these really? Is it Sony? Philips?
Another thing: at the back it has 4 Coax connectors (one for each colour,
one for sync), but it only uses the three colour connectors. Does this
mean it overlays sync on one of the colours (green)? Can it handle it if
I were to use the fourth connector from my sync on my video card, or do I
have to switch my card to sync-on-green?
Can anybody help?
Interaction Design Research
Brunel University fax: +44 (0)1784 472879
Department of Design voice: +44 (0)1784 431341 Ext. 244
2. Microtek scanner & Mtekscan problem
3. need monitor spec for AOC CM-536 monitor
4. O/N/L/Y/ A/ T/E/S/T/!/!/!/
5. Monitor specs for CompuPartner monitor
6. HELP: Solaris unable to ftp big file
7. Xwin Video Specs for Radius MultiView video card
8. Help: make and separate rules file
9. RADIUS/Mailboxes -> LDAP -> Database on Solaris 7
10. >>> 17" monitor recommendation?
11. Getting a flood of Radius requests help
12. Adaptec 3940:->Is it supported?????->Response Requested IMMEDIATELY
13. <><><> MOUNTING EXTENDED PARTITION <><><>