Promise FastTrak 100

Post by Baron Chandle » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I just bought a Promise FastTrak 100 after seeing that the new 100 card is
supported in 2.4. So I unwrap my nice new box and plunk it in. Mandrake
wouldn't even install. Figuring that the card just didn't work with 2.2, I took
it out and installed 'drake on a dinky 2gb seagate (SLOW seagate) then built
2.4 with the reiserfs patch.

With the 2.2 kernel installed where I could see what happened, I put the card
back in. I booted the kernel. It'd see my on-board ide controller fine
(standard 2 channels). Then freeze - hard freeze - push the power button for 5
seconds freeze. No messages or anything.

With the 2.4 kernel, it'd see the on-board ide controller AND the PDC20267
cards. It did its "ide.c" part of the initialization -

PDC20267: Chipset revision 2
PDC20267: Not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later

Then paused for about a secondd, then the "pdc202xx.c" part of the init -

PDC20267: (U)DMA Burst bit enabled Primary MASTER mode Secondary MASTER mode

Then:

PDC20267: neither IDE port enabled (BIOS)

and the same old dead freeze. Nothing further.

I've tried various kernel parameters to no avail. I DID boot to DOS and
fdisk/format the array and it worked fine. All result in the same freeze. Any
ideas or suggestions? I feel like I am missing a small detail to fix
everything, but a deja/altavista search and reading the driver sources didn't
reveal anything that worked. Am I on crack?  Is this just not supported yet
even though the chipset is?

Thanks,
Baron.

1. Rescue Promise Fasttrak 100 RAID!!

My RAID stopped working to my horror as I tried to boot the machine this
evening.  The machine stopped on the RAID BIOS setup utility.  As far as
I know, the data has not been erased from the disks (I hope), the BIOS
has just lost its configuration data.  Does anyone know if/how this can
rescued; I will be eternally happy?

Ian

2. cdrecord?

3. Promise FastTrak 100 TX4 success!

4. quotacheck -u fails on uid < 0

5. Promise FastTrak 100 RedHat 8.0 freeze on startup

6. rsh and rlogin problems

7. Promise FastTrak 100 TX4 as non-RAID IDE controller?

8. How command cp works ?

9. debian 2.2r3/promise fasttrak 100 tx2

10. promise fasttrak 100 & RH7.2 upgrade

11. Promise FastTrak 100 TX4 interrupt problems...

12. Promise FastTrak 100 ide raid/freebsd 4.5 release troubles

13. Can't get RH 7.2 to install on Promise FastTrak 100 TX2