CD changers

Post by Jim Smal » Wed, 28 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Can anyone recomend any 6/7 CD changers for use with linux?

----
http://www.nethole.com

CD changers

Post by Daniel Scho » Sun, 01 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: Can anyone recomend any 6/7 CD changers for use with linux?

got a used Nakamichi MBR-7 (SCSI) this week.
I plugged it in, recompiled the kernel with "probe all LUNs", added
device files /dev/scd2..6 et voila .. it works !

I rewrote rc.cdrom to mount all available cd's at once.
Now I can access any cd transparently, the application just hangs for
a few seconds if the accessed cd is not the current one.

daniel

Bodenacherstr. 16, CH-8121 Benglen         Tel/Fax:   +41 - 1 - 825 52 11
         ----  System and network administration on demand ----

CD changers

Post by Sean Reifschneid » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>: Can anyone recomend any 6/7 CD changers for use with linux?

>got a used Nakamichi MBR-7 (SCSI) this week.
>I plugged it in, recompiled the kernel with "probe all LUNs", added
>device files /dev/scd2..6 et voila .. it works !

Note that the Nakamichi/Mountain 7 disc changers are HARD to find.  I
had ordered one a couple of months ago from some place on the net that
listed the Mountain (relabeled Nak) as being in stock.  I placed an order
and never saw it.  A month later I got a call that they weren't getting
any more in.  They were my last hope.

Then a couple of weeks ago, a guy at work said that a local discount
club had them in, in quad speed, for $200 each.  I picked up a couple.
I hooked one of them up once and tried it out, seemed to work fine.
Since then, one has sat in the box, the other BY but not connected to
my machine.  That'll change next week when my second SCSI card and
cables come in.  I'm currently using both ends of my BusLogic card
internally (wide and narrow drives).  It'll be nice to have 7 to 14
discs accessable at a time, especially since I have a burner now too.

Good luck on the search,
Sean
--
"We just wanted to give the band a little more thrust than most other bands."
        - Donald Fagen's reply to why they chose the band name 'Steely Dan'

1. TEAC CD-C68E CD-Changer, 6 Discs, ATAPI.

Does anybody know is there any support for this drive (or simular drives)
in Linux?

I am currently running Red Hat 4.1

Thomas

Ps. I read the CD-ROM Howto, I found no information on ATAPI CD-changer
drives.

2. DOSEMU and Qunitus Prolog

3. TEAC CD-C68E CD Changer

4. Problem with X window config

5. CD-CHANGER CD-ROM

6. Hardware configuration for linux

7. cd-changer CD-C68E

8. JNI sample invoking Java from c for JDK 1.3

9. CD-R and CD changer support in Solaris?

10. howto change CD in cd changer ?

11. Panasonic 10X 5 CD Changer

12. Problem with Kernel 2.2.5 and Regal CD-Changer

13. Configuring a CD Changer?