Modules needed for PS2 mouse and SMC network card

Modules needed for PS2 mouse and SMC network card

Post by Laurent Dubertran » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I am a new linux user, so my questions will sound stupid to many of you.

The SCSI kernel I am using does not include drivers for my PS2 mouse ( I
think it is one, but I am not sure, it might be an MS bus mouse), nor my
SMC PCI Etherpower (8432 based) network card.

Where can I find the right modules?

What are their file names?

How do I load them automatically when linux is booting?

Thanks a lot.

Post by tda.. » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I am a new linux user, so my questions will sound stupid to many of you.

> The SCSI kernel I am using does not include drivers for my PS2 mouse ( I
> think it is one, but I am not sure, it might be an MS bus mouse), nor my
> SMC PCI Etherpower (8432 based) network card.

You need to build a kernel that has support for the PS2 moouse.

Get the kernel source, untar it in /usr/src and read
/usr/src/linux/README.
During "make config" answer "y" to the following two questions:

Mouse Support (not serial mice) (CONFIG_MOUSE) [N/y/?]
PS/2 mouse (aka "auxiliary device") support (CONFIG_PSMOUSE) [N/y/m/?]

I hope this helps.

1. PS2 mouse and SMC network card

Hi,

I am a new linux user, so my questions will sound stupid to many of you.

The SCSI kernel I am using does not include drivers for my PS2 mouse ( I
think it is one, but I am not sure, it might be an MS bus mouse), nor my
SMC PCI Etherpower (8432 based) network card.

Where can I find the right modules?

What are their file names?

How do I load them automatically when linux is booting?

Thanks a lot.

2. Setup Problem on COMPAQ Deskpro 6000

3. Looking for a network module for an SMC Elite 16 card.

4. mail server behind isdn router

5. Newbie - Need to install a SMC WD8013 Network Card (Suse)

6. for previous dos users (make bash->command.com)

7. Help needed for SMC 8432 / DEC21041 Network Card

8. OpenGL problem on IBM SP: aixgsc not defined

9. Need help getting ps2 mouse to work

10. Need help with PS2 mouse on XFree86

11. Help needed - ISA network card module not loading at startup

12. Need Module for NetFlex Network Card

13. HELP : PS2 mouse - HP Vectra VL series 3 5/90 mouse wont work.