Help needed with AHA1540B SCSI errors on bootup.

Help needed with AHA1540B SCSI errors on bootup.

Post by Rajesh N. Malhot » Thu, 17 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Linux Experts,

        I am trying to add an AHA1540B SCSI card to my Linux box, and
rebuilt the kernel (make config; make dep; make clean; make zdisk).

        During the 'make config' the closest support I could find for the
AHA1540B was the AHA1542, and selected support for that card.

        Now when I boot using the new kernel, the SCSI card id detected, but
I get the foll scrolling errors

        SCSI host 0 abort() timed out - resetting
        Sending BUS DEVICE RESET to target 0
        Sending DID_RESET for target 0
        (above line repeated 7 or 8 times)
        scsi: aborting command due to timeout: pid 0, scsi0, id 0, lun 0 Test UnitReady 00 00 00 00 00

I have double checked the cabling, SCSI addresses and Termination. My
setup is as follows:

        External Opt Drive, SCSI Addr 1, External termination

        AHA1540B SCSI Card, SCSI Addr 7, No terminating resistors

        Internal Disk Drive, SCSI Addr 0, No terminating resistors

        Internal Tape Drive, SCSI Addr 2, WITH Terminating resistors.

The AHA1540 card is setup with the factory settings.

Any help on the above matter appreciated.

Thanx,

Raj.

1. SCSI errors on bootup (help!)

Hi.

I've just installed a Fast SCSI-2 hard disk in a Sun workstation and,
upon booting, I get lots of error message roughly reading:

        "SCSI bus error: parity out phase"

I am _relatively_ certain the drive's SCSI ID is unique (although is
there a way to list them from the firmware?), however I suspect I may
have SCSI parity set incorrectly.  This drive supports parity, and I
have enabled it.  Should I disable it?

Thanks a million.

Cheers,
Ben.

2. X on Dolphin Notebook with CL-GD7543

3. problems with two scsi controllers, aha1540b, aha2940au

4. Solaris 10 x86 : How to change/add files in the boot archive for maintenance mode

5. SCSI errors w/ 1542C at bootup

6. Taxan 770+ monitor specs ?

7. SCSI Help please I have read the SCSI How To(Still need help)

8. (no subject)

9. HELP: NCR SCSI (AUS SC-200) hangs at bootup

10. SCSI error...need help

11. I need help decoding scsi errors

12. SCSI I/O Error - Help Needed!!!

13. Blocksize error on 4mm SCSI tape drive, need help