sblive hauppauge wintv no sound?

Post by Travolta66 » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

although (finally) i got sound under my Linux system (suse6.1 / 2.2.7) I
cant find a way to LISTEN to the televison programs in kwintv. solutions
welcome
lars

Post by Wolfgang Den » Tue, 27 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>although (finally) i got sound under my Linux system (suse6.1 / 2.2.7) I
>cant find a way to LISTEN to the televison programs in kwintv. solutions
>welcome

Probably not a hardware problem?

Same problem here with aWinTV-Radio trying both xtvscreen and  xawtv:
soundcard working, TV working, but without any sound :-(

Wolfgang Denk

--
Software Engineering:  Embedded and Realtime Systems,  Embedded Linux

miracle:  an  extremely  outstanding  or  unusual  event,  thing,  or
accomplishment.                                - Webster's Dictionary

Post by R.K.A » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> >although (finally) i got sound under my Linux system (suse6.1 / 2.2.7) I
> >cant find a way to LISTEN to the televison programs in kwintv. solutions
> >welcome

> Probably not a hardware problem?

> Same problem here with aWinTV-Radio trying both xtvscreen and  xawtv:
> soundcard working, TV working, but without any sound :-(

xawtv:
In the xawtv "rc" file you must add the sound source. This can vary -
according to the devices your soundcard use. Look in the file in your
homedir called ".xawtv" and see if it has a line defining the sound
device.
It turned out "mixer = vol" did the trick in my case. If this doesn't
work - try the "stupid way" and force an error: set it to "mixer =
mixer". This (at least in my case) caused an error output when i started
xawtv, listing the possible devices. Try your ways with those - it's
bound to be one of them.

kWinTV:
the sound is configured from menu-level and is likely to be "line-in" on
a Hauppauge card. Right click in the tv-app, choose options, general
options, then the mixer-tab: there's a button-menu in that again,
allowing to choose various devices - try if not "line-in" does the
trick. At least my own Hauppauge is plugged to the "Line In" connector
on the sound-card.

However - after upgrading the multimedia pack and other rpm's from
RedHat, the sound doesn't stop after quitting kWinTV. Perhaps that's a
local problem - perhaps not. Used to work OK before that. A quick
"solution" is to force the sound device to be used again to "take over"
the sound. (And another thing...start kWinTV without active capture if X
freeze when you start it with capture on.)

K.
                                  --  To E-mail, delete "spam" --

1. Hauppauge (WinTV Radio, BT878) - Sound ??? (MSP3415)

Hi,

I got the Card running straight from the box.
(Debian 2.1, Kernel 2.2.10, xawtv & others)

But I can't figure out how to have sound.

The msp3400-module is loaded.
The sound and mixer-devices work.
I have sound under Windoze (I only installed it to test the card).
But I can't get any sound.

I read about a patch for msp3415 based cards, but I can't find it.

What should I do ?!

ciao
Anti

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

2. Solaris SNMP sample configurations

3. No sound with Hauppauge WinTV PCI.

4. RH7 remote printing error

5. hauppauge wintv pci fm - sound over pci bus

6. errno=EAGAIN on select???&*^%$^

7. hauppauge wintv under 2.4.0 without sound?

8. PC104 with 8MB CF Linux Bootup

9. WinTV Hauppauge Model 495 / BTTV Sound Problem

10. Hauppauge WinTV PVR Sound Problem [MSP3415G-B8]

11. Hauppauge WinTV pci and Sound

12. grabbing AVI w/sound from an old Hauppauge and SBLive?

13. Hauppage WinTV and SBlive , no sound